oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Head Coach Thread.

Jokanovic?

Think he means Woody having seen his last post.

Yeah I think Woodgate will end up with it

If Woodgate gets it I think we will see a DOF appointment too.

Pulis is available

So's Teresa May.....just saying like

If we end up with Woodgate and it goes wrong I can see a section of the fans turning on Gibson.

Not so sure there's gonna be a time quite so bad as whilst Pulis was manager. I certainly hope not anyway.

If we end up with Woodgate and it goes wrong I can see a section of the fans turning on Gibson.

Not so sure there's gonna be a time quite so bad as whilst Pulis was manager. I certainly hope not anyway.

We can fall a lot further than we were last season I would say. Imagine the football didnt improve at all and we started to struggle in the bottom 6 or so of the table on top of that

If we appoint Woodgate then I fear we'll end up in a relegation battle.

Appointing Woodgate would suggest we don't have any funds and the manager will have to get by on loans and using our kids.

If Jokanovic wants even more than Pulis then it's a total non starter.

Appointing Woodgate is a signal to the fans of a lack of ambition. This is dangerous as attendances will fall. IF we lose a few then serious apathy will set in and we could be in for a long season. See Sunderland under Grayson.

The club needs a lift, Woodgate would do the opposite. Would be a dangerous appointment.

Wage demands would have been sussed out prior to the meeting.

No point wasting everyone's time, I've never been for a job interview in the knowledge they couldn't afford my salary.

It's only been a little while but I feel like I've been waiting for ages for a hiring.

Please announce soon I'm getting tired of f5ing

The thing is everytime we try to cheap out on things it blows up in our faces and costs us more in the long run. As I said yesterday I believe this is what Gibson is deciding, jokanovic or woodgate, cheap or go for it. If he does go for woodgate and it goes wrong then it will be a disaster.

The thing is everytime we try to cheap out on things it blows up in our faces and costs us more in the long run. As I said yesterday I believe this is what Gibson is deciding, jokanovic or woodgate, cheap or go for it. If he does go for woodgate and it goes wrong then it will be a disaster.

Could always appoint Woodgate and spend money as well.  Or, alternatively, recognise that chucking money at everything isn't necessarily the way to go.

I don't understand why we have a choice. We either have money or we don't. If we have the money then Jokanovic is a no brainer. Would seem odd going for Woody unless we are skint which is probably not the case if we are talking to SJ. Does seem to be one last throw of a dice for promotion if we go with SJ.

I don't understand why we have a choice. We either have money or we don't. If we have the money then Jokanovic is a no brainer. Would seem odd going for Woody unless we are skint which is probably not the case if we are talking to SJ. Does seem to be one last throw of a dice for promotion if we go with SJ.

If that were true it would encapsulate all the things that are wrong with us.

The thing is everytime we try to cheap out on things it blows up in our faces and costs us more in the long run. As I said yesterday I believe this is what Gibson is deciding, or woodgate, cheap or go for it. If he does go for woodgate and it goes wrong then it will be a disaster.

If we appointed Woodgate and a DOF that would look to me as a more long term plan.

Could always appoint Woodgate and spend money as well.  Or, alternatively, recognise that chucking money at everything isn't necessarily the way to go.

This is the football industry. This is where the institutional logic of investment equals performance equals sustainability is dominant. We have a tendency to forget the funny story of Leeds, Sunderland, and Portsmouth. Napoli, Fiorentina, and Parma. Mindless spending in the hopes of gratification precedes the dull and boring idea of sustainability.

If that were true it would encapsulate all the things that are wrong with us.

Just shows you we still probably have no plan in place.