oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Fined two weeks wages for drunkenly mocking American tourists in Heathrow Airport in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

Charged with assault and affray after a confrontation with a nightclub bouncer in January 2002, Terry was suspended from England duty and subsequently missed out on the 2002 World Cup. He was later cleared of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, unlawful wounding, possessing a bottle as an offensive weapon and affray.

In February 2002 Terry was caught on CCTV urinating into a beer glass and dropping it on the floor of an Essex nightclub.

Fined £60 for parking his Bentley in a disabled bay.

In 2004, Terry was reported to have gambled up to £40,000 a week on horse and dog racing with Wayne Bridge and Scott Parker.

Sent off against Tottenham in November 2006 at White Hart Lane, and accused of racially abusing Ledley King. Questioned the integrity of referee Graham Poll, and was later fined £10,000 for inappropriate conduct.

Before marrying Toni Poole in 2007, admitted to cheating on his partner up to eight times. Jenny Barker, 17, claims that Terry cheated on Poole with her in a public car park.

Investigated by Chelsea and the FA for reportedly accepting a £10,000 bribe to show a reporter around the London club’s training ground without permission in 2009.

In 2009 the centre back’s father Ted Terry was filmed allegedly selling cocaine to an undercover reporter, months after his mother, Sue, and mother-in-law had been cautioned for shoplifting.

In January 2010 Terry was alleged to have had a four-month affair with Wayne Bridge’s girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel. Bridge was deemed as one of Terry’s best friends, and Perroncel was the mother of the left back’s child. Fabio Capello stripped Terry of the England captaincy due to the scandal, handing it to Rio Ferdinand.

Accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in a 1-0 defeat for Chelsea at Loftus Road in October 2011. Investigated by the FA and police, Terry will stand trial in July 2012.

Stripped of his country’s captaincy for the second time.

Add in his brothers discretion with the Fiancee of Dale Roberts (Ex Boro Youth) it doesnt sit well.

People will say it doesnt matter if he gets results but it does to me. It's the same attitude to politics that means were looking at a country led by boris Johnson very soon. If we don't have morals and integrity what's the point?

Nail. Head.

There's more important things than football. Morals, ethics and integrity being three if those things.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Jumping from Pulis to Terry would be interesting. Probably the 2 most disliked people in the English game.

I just think hiring Terry starts you off with a negative similar to how it was with Pulis. Half the fan base will be gutted because hes such a unlikable person. You're never going to please everyone but it would be nice to have a bit feelgood factor around the place like a Jokanovic/Reiziger would bring.

This stuff with Terry was ages ago. He could well have changed. People do change, grow up and all that.

I posted a counter to this point a couple days ago, gonna restate it here. I agree people can change. However, Terry has so many red flags against his name that a lot of the fan base will have reservations about him before a ball has been kicked next season. We’ve just had a pretty depressing 18 months that has divided the club and fan base. We need a manager that can bring the fans back supporting the club and bring back unity. Due to Terry’s history, regardless of whether or not he’s changed now, he will be unable to provide the unity we need at the moment and is therefore not a suitable appointment.

Fined two weeks wages for drunkenly mocking American tourists in Heathrow Airport in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

it is always a good idea to mock Americans, although his timing was off

Charged with assault and affray after a confrontation with a nightclub bouncer in January 2002, Terry was suspended from England duty and subsequently missed out on the 2002 World Cup. He was later cleared of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, unlawful wounding, possessing a bottle as an offensive weapon and affray.

Cleared of all charges Innocent (Coz hes a Angel)

In February 2002 Terry was caught on CCTV urinating into a beer glass and dropping it on the floor of an Essex nightclub.

Who has'nt (Not necessary in Essex though)

Fined £60 for parking his Bentley in a disabled bay.

Totally legitimate..... Was injured at the time

In 2004, Terry was reported to have gambled up to £40,000 a week on horse and dog racing with Wayne Bridge and Scott Parker.

Wayne Bridge told him to put it on a 'Dead Cert' It lost...... John vowed he would get him back

Sent off against Tottenham in November 2006 at White Hart Lane, and accused of racially abusing Ledley King. Questioned the integrity of referee Graham Poll, and was later fined £10,000 for inappropriate conduct.

Not sure about the King bit, but I think its 100% legitimate to question the integrety of a referee that issues the same player 3 yellow cards in a single match

Before marrying Toni Poole in 2007, admitted to cheating on his partner up to eight times. Jenny Barker, 17, claims that Terry cheated on Poole with her in a public car park.

But NOT in a disabled bay.... See he's already learning 

Investigated by Chelsea and the FA for reportedly accepting a £10,000 bribe to show a reporter around the London club’s training ground without permission in 2009.

Result?????

In 2009 the centre back’s father Ted Terry was filmed allegedly selling cocaine to an undercover reporter, months after his mother, Sue, and mother-in-law had been cautioned for shoplifting.

Explaines a terrible upbringing and how far the guy has come to defy the odd's  :heart:

In January 2010 Terry was alleged to have had a four-month affair with Wayne Bridge’s girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel. Bridge was deemed as one of Terry’s best friends, and Perroncel was the mother of the left back’s child. Fabio Capello stripped Terry of the England captaincy due to the scandal, handing it to Rio Ferdinand.

See point 5 above

Accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in a 1-0 defeat for Chelsea at Loftus Road in October 2011. Investigated by the FA and police, Terry will stand trial in July 2012.

Stripped of his country’s captaincy for the second time.

Cleared at the trial and he got the guys brother the England Captaincy, Talk about ungreatful!!

Add in his brothers discretion with the Fiancee of Dale Roberts (Ex Boro Youth) it doesnt sit well.

Very tenuous link.....  :rolleyes:

Think I've exonerated this stand up guy.... Now if he is selected for the job we can all be happy.. You're welcome ;)

The thing I remember is an off the ball incident, JT running up to an opposing player and kneeing him in the leg. I think he got sent off for that but I can't remember who it was that he assaulted.

JT later claimed that as he ran up to the player he lost his footing... and that somehow explained what he appeared to obviously do. I'm sure he got suspended but later appeared in full kit for celebrations after a match he couldn't play in.

I think I'm remembering all that correctly and if I am the bloke is IMO a grade A idiot and I wouldn't have him anywhere near anything I was responsible for. But what do I know.

Jokanovic now odds on, must be something happening, odds shortening quickly

and on Paddypower Reiziger's odds have started to shorten.. I don't think anyone really knows tbh.

My money would still be on Terry.. all mainstream media has reported on it, meaning his agent is putting it out there.. Somehow his odds are 12/1..

The thing I remember is an off the ball incident, JT running up to an opposing player and kneeing him in the leg. I think he got sent off for that but I can't remember who it was that he assaulted.

JT later claimed that as he ran up to the player he lost his footing... and that somehow explained what he appeared to obviously do. I'm sure he got suspended but later appeared in full kit for celebrations after a match he couldn't play in.

I think I'm remembering all that correctly and if I am the bloke is IMO a grade A idiot and I wouldn't have him anywhere near anything I was responsible for. But what do I know.

The most recent one for me is Terry trying to get a new contract with villa in the prem (after they beat us in the play off semis, before they got beat by Fulham) with a clause that he couldnt play against Chelsea. What sort of idiot thinks hes above playing a former club for a current club who is paying him a (very substantial) wage?

So unrelated but we're suing Derby!

What for?

Alone or with others?

I put it in the Other Boro Thread but basically we are suing Derby for the whole "buying their own stadium" thing.

So unrelated but we're suing Derby!

What for?

Alone or with others?

I put it in the Other Boro Thread but basically we are suing Derby for the whole "buying their own stadium" thing.

If it’s illegal I support this. If Ferby have exploited a loophole we’ll fair play to them