oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

This stuff with Terry was ages ago. He could well have changed. People do change, grow up and all that.

I posted a counter to this point a couple days ago, gonna restate it here. I agree people can change. However, Terry has so many red flags against his name that a lot of the fan base will have reservations about him before a ball has been kicked next season. We’ve just had a pretty depressing 18 months that has divided the club and fan base. We need a manager that can bring the fans back supporting the club and bring back unity. Due to Terry’s history, regardless of whether or not he’s changed now, he will be unable to provide the unity we need at the moment and is therefore not a suitable appointment.

And yet most of the fan base would welcome a takeover by a middle eastern despot with no regard for human rights taking over the club and making us the new Man City.

One of the aforementioned critical points about him is betting 40k on horses and dogs. That’s probably equivalent to someone on here betting 10 quid on reiziger being our next manager. And what his father has done is totally irrelevant.

I don’t want terry but some of the stuff that gets said about him is way over the top. If you want a saint I don’t think you’ll find him in professional football.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

This stuff with Terry was ages ago. He could well have changed. People do change, grow up and all that.

I posted a counter to this point a couple days ago, gonna restate it here. I agree people can change. However, Terry has so many red flags against his name that a lot of the fan base will have reservations about him before a ball has been kicked next season. We’ve just had a pretty depressing 18 months that has divided the club and fan base. We need a manager that can bring the fans back supporting the club and bring back unity. Due to Terry’s history, regardless of whether or not he’s changed now, he will be unable to provide the unity we need at the moment and is therefore not a suitable appointment.

And yet most of the fan base would welcome a takeover by a middle eastern despot with no regard for human rights taking over the club and making us the new Man City.

One of the aforementioned critical points about him is betting 40k on horses and dogs. That’s probably equivalent to someone on here betting 10 quid on reiziger being our next manager. And what his father has done is totally irrelevant.

I don’t want terry but some of the stuff that gets said about him is way over the top. If you want a saint I don’t think you’ll find him in professional football.

Completely agree with what you say about Terry. The only mark against his name I really care about are the racist incidents. Everything else is either not that bad (weeing in a pint glass - yeah it’s ***e ‘lad’ craic but who really cares) or really just isn’t anyone’s business (the Wayne bridge stuff).

There’s loads at Southampton;)

(Also I think you’ll find I’ve sorted the Terry ‘colourful past’ situation )

Villa have a ton of black players and from the outside none of them seem to care? I remember the secret footballer saying at the time it was all out of proportion.

It’s hilarious that people care so much about these affairs, didn’t our hero Juninho do exactly the same thing? With more than one woman in Redcar.

And let’s be honest is terry really the only footballer who has had an affair? I bet there are tons, the rumour in Huddersfield was VLP was bombed out there for banging wagners daughter.

I have no issue with people having morals but tbh it proper does my head in when people have to get on their high horse over daft stuff if it suits an agenda they have.

Fined two weeks wages for drunkenly mocking American tourists in Heathrow Airport in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

it is always a good idea to mock Americans, although his timing was off

Charged with assault and affray after a confrontation with a nightclub bouncer in January 2002, Terry was suspended from England duty and subsequently missed out on the 2002 World Cup. He was later cleared of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, unlawful wounding, possessing a bottle as an offensive weapon and affray.

Cleared of all charges Innocent (Coz hes a Angel)

In February 2002 Terry was caught on CCTV urinating into a beer glass and dropping it on the floor of an Essex nightclub.

Who has'nt (Not necessary in Essex though)

Fined £60 for parking his Bentley in a disabled bay.

Totally legitimate..... Was injured at the time

In 2004, Terry was reported to have gambled up to £40,000 a week on horse and dog racing with Wayne Bridge and Scott Parker.

Wayne Bridge told him to put it on a 'Dead Cert' It lost...... John vowed he would get him back

Sent off against Tottenham in November 2006 at White Hart Lane, and accused of racially abusing Ledley King. Questioned the integrity of referee Graham Poll, and was later fined £10,000 for inappropriate conduct.

Not sure about the King bit, but I think its 100% legitimate to question the integrety of a referee that issues the same player 3 yellow cards in a single match

Before marrying Toni Poole in 2007, admitted to cheating on his partner up to eight times. Jenny Barker, 17, claims that Terry cheated on Poole with her in a public car park.

But NOT in a disabled bay.... See he's already learning 

Investigated by Chelsea and the FA for reportedly accepting a £10,000 bribe to show a reporter around the London club’s training ground without permission in 2009.

Result?????

In 2009 the centre back’s father Ted Terry was filmed allegedly selling cocaine to an undercover reporter, months after his mother, Sue, and mother-in-law had been cautioned for shoplifting.

Explaines a terrible upbringing and how far the guy has come to defy the odd's  :heart:

In January 2010 Terry was alleged to have had a four-month affair with Wayne Bridge’s girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel. Bridge was deemed as one of Terry’s best friends, and Perroncel was the mother of the left back’s child. Fabio Capello stripped Terry of the England captaincy due to the scandal, handing it to Rio Ferdinand.

See point 5 above

Accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in a 1-0 defeat for Chelsea at Loftus Road in October 2011. Investigated by the FA and police, Terry will stand trial in July 2012.

Stripped of his country’s captaincy for the second time.

Cleared at the trial and he got the guys brother the England Captaincy, Talk about ungreatful!!

Add in his brothers discretion with the Fiancee of Dale Roberts (Ex Boro Youth) it doesnt sit well.

Very tenuous link.....  :rolleyes:

Think I've exonerated this stand up guy.... Now if he is selected for the job we can all be happy.. You're welcome ;)

I think we are all forgetting that if Terry hadn't proved to his best mate Wayne that his missus couldn't be trusted, Wazza wouldn't have ended up with Frankie from the Saturdays.

I think JT did him a favour!

I worry if it was to be Terry based on his history. People want an era of MFC to get behind through thick and thin. Terry is far too easy a target to turn on if it doesn't start well. I've no doubt he'll be a good manager one day, mind.

Not to say Jokanovic would have an easy go at it, what with the supposed cost he would come with. I think if anything, he may be held to the same results standards of recent times rather than given time to build like Potter would have had at Swansea.

Out of the 3 names, Reizeger would seem to be the one who fits the bill most want to get behind. He'll probably fit the style of football people want to see and you'd hope he'd be given time to get it right from both club and fans. You'd suspect he'd be a long term project with hopefully a more convincing all round strategy to back him. One can hope, anyway.

Slavisa Jokanovic

4/5

Jonathan Woodgate

11/4

John Terry

9/1

Michael Reiziger

9/1

Paul Heckingbottom

12/1

Daniel Stendel

14/1

Steve Round

14/1

Aitor Karanka

18/1

Chris Hughton

18/1

Danny Cowley

18/1

everyone apart from jokanovic has drifted quite far now

I bet we announce it just before kick off on Monday and it’s a huge name.

It’s gonna The Special One isn’t it? Kenyon links and all.

For what its worth Nixon said there's nothing in Heckingbottom (wasn't spoke to) and he still expects Woodgate to get it.

There was an instagram post yesterday from a first team analyst congratulating Woodgate - he didn't say what for..

:P

For what its worth Nixon said there's nothing in Heckingbottom (wasn't spoke to) and he still expects Woodgate to get it.

There was an instagram post yesterday from a first team analyst congratulating Woodgate - he didn't say what for..

:P

Could have been an old picture of him getting a 'well done' for spelling his name correctly

Gus poyet a market mover for the Swansea job, moyes odds on for celtic (though rafa was last week) and cowley odds on for wba. I know it doesn't effect our appointment but thought it Interesting. Especially the moyes one. Is he now considered one of the old guard along with big Sam et al or does he still have potential to be a top manager?

Gua poyet a market mover for the Swansea job, moyes odds on for celtic (though rafa was last week) and cowley odds on for wba. I know it doesn't effect our appointment but thought it Interesting. Especially the moyes one. Is he now considered one of the old guard along with big Sam et al or does he still have potential to be a top manager?

Old guard I would say Tudders. Going to man utd destroyed him

Gua poyet a market mover for the Swansea job, moyes odds on for celtic (though rafa was last week) and cowley odds on for wba. I know it doesn't effect our appointment but thought it Interesting. Especially the moyes one. Is he now considered one of the old guard along with big Sam et al or does he still have potential to be a top manager?

Think I agree

Think I agree

This must be a first between us :)