oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Il give him at least 3 seasons.il It took Karanka 3 and we could see/feel the progression.

I don't know, I think Karanka showed clear progression each year.

Season 1 saved us from relegation

Season 2 play off final

Season 3 promoted automatically

Actually, just realised I didn't read your comment properly. Doh! Glad we agree

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Tuesday / Wednesday announcement expected.

They will drag it out over two days? 

Tuesday - "Our new manager is..." 

Wednesday - "....... Simon Grayson" 

Seems like a silly way to do things. 

Whomever is manager I'm looking forward to next season.

I will be sad though, I'm moving back south and having barely missed a home game for the last few seasons I'll miss that. The last part of this season was tough watching under Pulis though.

I'll be a more frequent user here again though to keep in the loop! 

I'm hoping it is Jokanovic personally. More success of getting clubs up. More patience with him and he may well do well in the PL.

Due to the style Jokanovic has played in the past, I believe he will be giving time by the fans to recreate that style here.

Where as woodgate/terry or any other unknown are more likely to be given a few months to prove them selfs like Monk was given.

Accepted a job that included weekends during the Pulis reign as I wasnt bothered about going to the game....

I may need to start looking for a new role if Jokanovic gets the job!

1 hour ago, Cormick said:

Due to the style Jokanovic has played in the past, I believe he will be giving time by the fans to recreate that style here.

Where as woodgate/terry or any other unknown are more likely to be given a few months to prove them selfs like Monk was given.

This is a really important factor. If Jokanovic comes in and we are very hit and miss and sitting mid table come Christmas I can’t see the fans getting on his back as, as you said, fans will give him the time to get things right knowing what he achieved at Fulham and Watford and the style of play in which he achieved it. 

However, if it is Woodgate/Terry/Grayson then you know that as soon as we go on a run of bad results the support will turn. 

This needs to be on the forefront of Gibson’s thinking when making this decision. 

The grayson thing is a bit weird. Certainly not someone that the fans would like. 3rd favourite on skybet. Not even in the running on William Hill. Guessing someone heard his name and though they could buy some money. Just hope it's misinformation