• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I’ve more or less stopped reading the gazette article. It’s just become a propaganda machine for the club. Not a single critical question to the manager and just towing the clubs line. It wouldn’t surprise me if tallentire sent that “article” by Gibson before posting it.

Which is all the more interesting as their tweets in the heat of the moment after games have been much more along the lines of how the rest of the fan base views things.

Yeah that is interesting. I don’t really use twitter though. That article by Tallentire just read as though it was something the club had ordered.

Tallentire seems to be the one who's more towing of the club line, whereas the younger lot (Dom Shaw, and previously Jonathon Taylor) seem a lot more realistic, and pragmatic with their views of the game.

If you compare the releases from the Gazette from these last two weeks, with the weeks before Monk's departure you'll see a stark difference in the level of scrutiny, despite, I would suggest, a larger body of fan opinion that the manager should go.

That being said, despite my apathy towards Pulis, he does make some good points in that article and I very much think that Pulis is going to be here until the summer, even if we were to lose the next three games in a row.

I don't think the article by Tallentire is too bad,

* it says there is no guarantee of anything changing results wise by changing manager now, and that the top 2 might be uncatchable regardless. Sounds reasonable.

* There will be preparations made for January, and anyway trying to turn your season around in January transfer window is just tough. Also reasonable.

* We are paying off a lot of managers right now, AK, Agnew, Monk and adding TP with his wages to the pile will hurt financially. Also reasonable.

* Not getting auto promoted will be considered failure. True. There may well be a change in the summer anyway. True as TPs contract runs out then.

Overall some valid points, but to be offset against:

* Would it be better to play more open attacking football and bring the crowd back onside regardless of results? Probably true.

* Would it be better to use the youths we already have instead of buying in more plodders? Probably true, though in fairness TP has been decent at giving games to the young lads.

I don't know. I'd give him a month and if results don't improve then chop. Give a new man a few months to get up to speed before next season. If results improve and we keep TP then we might make playoffs and he's gone in the summer anyway.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that he moves into a quasi-DoF role above someone like Woodgate, or into some sort of Venables/Robson arrangement. Sounds like the worst of both worlds tbh.

I honestly think that most Boro fans were unaware of the full implications surrounding his court case, basically the Judge called him out as a deceitful man and certainly indicated that he was greedy.

The more of this case coming to light the worse it gets and certainly has not done TP any favours at all.

I would imagine that looking back there would be some regret in appointing him Manager but too late now

I have heard from a few individuals that Gibson was prepared to pay off the full amount Pulis owed in staged payments for him to come here this time but we will never know. He was desperate to have Pulis here and had tried twice in the past post Stoke and during his time at WBA.

TP on the Jan transfer window

"Everyone understands need to address certain areas but it is not just ins, outs are important too. This club has an enormous wage bill that has to be addressed.The chairman has always backed the manager but there comes a time when reality has to click in"

That video is depressing and so is that article.

Oh the top 2 are probably not catchable now so let’s not bother.

How about no? Norwich are in new territory and could easily implode, we’ve done it ourselves under Mowbray. Bielsa teams have a strong history of losing form around this stage of the season.

But no, we’re boro, let the big men get on with things while we plod around and settle for ***e.

I’ve never been so close to jacking in my season card, at the minute literally the only positive is I like my seat haha.

I'll never forget the Keith Lamb interview on radio Tees...."ultimately the fans will get the team they deserve". Found it strange at the time to say such a thing.

Maybe we were all on the naughty list and deserve boredom and mediocrity (if we are even that good)

A virtual U turn on things that were being stated and highlighted not too long ago.

And yet we will still have Downing and Leadbitter raking in the wages to at least end of season.

Missing money? Nope do not see that as I believe that a fair percentage will have gone back to the Chairman.

As NB4 mentioned it is now time for Boro to be frugal and as far as giving up on the top 2 not the attitude one would expect but nevertheless very true!

What a mess we seem to be in!

A virtual U turn on things that were being stated and highlighted not too long ago.

And yet we will still have Downing and Leadbitter raking in the wages to at least end of season.

Missing money? Nope do not see that as I believe that a fair percentage will have gone back to the Chairman.

As NB4 mentioned it is now time for Boro to be frugal and as far as giving up on the top 2 not the attitude one would expect but nevertheless very true!

What a mess we seem to be in!

Again if this is all true about the club needing to save money it’s another massive error by Gibson. Sign a load of players for big fees on expensive wages after relegation, give the new manager 6 months to make it work, when it doesn’t give a new manager massive wages to come in and cut the costs. It just doesn’t make sense.

Gibson really needs to sell or get someone to take over the football side of the club. What an absolute mess

A more ruthless club like Watford would have let the likes of friend and leadbitter drift away when we got promoted

I hate to think what leadboots is costing us. He was hugely overpaid when he was actually on the pitch!!!