oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

He is going on holiday? He has just been given the biggest opportunity of his coaching career. The season starts in 8 weeks. There is loads to sort out.

Surely not?

If true tho, I have lost all faith in Steve Gibson and his ability to run a football club. Say it isn't so.

• Like 2
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, jamesp said:

Look at the signings we’ve made over the last 5 years and the massive wages we’ve given to poor players 

We were on premier league money for one of those seasons and parachute payments for 2 and didnt spend anywhere near as big as a lot of other clubs in a similar position. Weve also managed to get rid of quite a lot and have sold players for big money- again something our rivals havent been doing. We seem to be abnormally far behind, especially considering Gibson has said himself that were on a good footing now 

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We were on premier league money for one of those seasons and parachute payments for 2 and didnt spend anywhere near as big as a lot of other clubs in a similar position. Weve also managed to get rid of quite a lot and have sold players for big money- again something our rivals havent been doing. We seem to be abnormally far behind, especially considering Gibson has said himself that were on a good footing now 

Too play devils advocate... if you were skint would you put it in the public domain? Clubs paying pittance for players etc. We haven’t been flush with cash since our prem season. 

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Too play devils advocate... if you were skint would you put it in the public domain? Clubs paying pittance for players etc. We haven’t been flush with cash since our prem season. 

At the same time if we were that skint would we have tried to keep pulis or had a series of interviews with jokanovic? Both expensive options which rumours would indicate we were prepared to go for. 

I don’t think we will be flush with cash but I don’t think we’re skint either.

If it's Woodgate, I think it's a case of the club clearing the decks financially for the next couple of years before we have another crack at promotion. 

This will be the Mowbray era (Mark 2) where the objective will be to avoid relegation. 

I can't see any other reason why we'd give him the job, on the surface it will be sold to Woodgate and the fans that its a bright new era with us giving youth a chance. The reality is Gibson balancing the books after more of his own bad decisions. 

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

At the same time if we were that skint would we have tried to keep pulis or had a series of interviews with jokanovic? Both expensive options which rumours would indicate we were prepared to go for. 

I don’t think we will be flush with cash but I don’t think we’re skint either.

If you read between the lines in terms of reduced terms offered to Pulis etc that would say to me that whatever he was offered which I have no clue is our ceiling which perhaps any high profile manager wouldn’t work for... I really don’t have the answers and I’m just as blind as we all are on finances

Yeah I remember that SDS's Fry information was bang on. I don't particularly want either of Jokanovic or Woodgate so I'm resigned to not getting a manager that I'm going to be happy with. I'm concerned about the seemingly very expensive option of Jokanovic so if Woodgate does get the job then at least we won't be in as bad of a boom or bust financial position. We've attempted and failed that far too many times. No matter who is in charge, I hope that we take a sensible long term approach towards incomings and outgoings. If there are any significant financial pressures that mean we need to sell players to buy then I hope we prioritise cashing in on the big names players like Assombalonga, Braithwaite and even more controversial sales like Howson and Ayala etc ahead of the youngsters like Fry, Wing and Tavernier. Our up and coming youngsters need to be kept and built around. Considering how much we raised through sales last Summer I can't imagine us needing to do anything drastic this summer. There's certainly a good base to build a team from.