oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Yeah I remember that SDS's Fry information was bang on. I don't particularly want either of Jokanovic or Woodgate so I'm resigned to not getting a manager that I'm going to be happy with. I'm concerned about the seemingly very expensive option of Jokanovic so if Woodgate does get the job then at least we won't be in as bad of a boom or bust financial position. We've attempted and failed that far too many times. No matter who is in charge, I hope that we take a sensible long term approach towards incomings and outgoings. If there are any significant financial pressures that mean we need to sell players to buy then I hope we prioritise cashing in on the big names players like Assombalonga, Braithwaite and even more controversial sales like Howson and Ayala etc ahead of the youngsters like Fry, Wing and Tavernier. Our up and coming youngsters need to be kept and built around. Considering how much we raised through sales last Summer I can't imagine us needing to do anything drastic this summer. There's certainly a good base to build a team from.

Think shotton should be a priority to get rid of if it's ttrue that were paying him over 30k a week. We could pick someone up on a free or loan for 10k a week who would do a better job than him I'm sure. What's nsue doing these days?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Here’s hoping I’m wrong... will get an update tomorrow at some point I hope if there is an update. If people think I’m wrong then I’m happy with that and if I’m right then I got lucky... all in all just want this fiasco resolved and quickly..,

I predicted a month ago that the next few seasons will be spent bringing through youth and treading water in the Championship, any saleable asset will be sold and we'd likely be appointing Woodgate in order to save money.

I was hoping that i'd be wrong but this looks so so bleak.

Edited by D.Z.
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Think shotton should be a priority to get rid of if it's ttrue that were paying him over 30k a week. We could pick someone up on a free or loan for 10k a week who would do a better job than him I'm sure. What's nsue doing these days?

Moses Odubajo

Norwich City and Sheffield United have shown that you can sell big names and give youngsters a chance and still get promoted from the Championship. Us doing similar next season shouldn't mean we should have to settle for treading water. The key comes down to buying and selling well - something which we've struggled with for several years.

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Moses Odubajo

Still reeling from the shotton revelation. 

He wasnt even getting on the pitch under monk and he was earning over 30k! What a bloody shambles.

Out of all of our older or expensive players I'd probably only want to keep are Randolph and Clayton as they are unique players in their position that just cannot be replaced. I'd rather keep them ahead of the likes of Ayala, Shotton, Friend, Howson (I really like him but we have enough quality in CM to cope without him), Braithwaite and Assombalonga.

2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Out of all of our older or expensive players I'd probably only want to keep are Randolph and Clayton as they are unique players in their position that just cannot be replaced. I'd rather keep them ahead of the likes of Ayala, Shotton, Friend, Howson (I really like him but we have enough quality in CM to cope without him), Braithwaite and Assombalonga.

I'd keep Britt, if we're going more attacking you're not gonna find a better goalscorer than him in this division. The guy has scored 30 goals in 2 seasons for this shitty Middlesbrough team.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been told its Woodgate tonight... apparently not being announced in short term as he is going on holiday. Take it as you please.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Doesn’t think there will be a DoF and that the coffers are empty... sell to buy etc. 

And while we're at it, your pet dog Lucky has been put down tonight, your employer needs to let you go and your Mrs has run off with your best mate ?