• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Simão is a defensively solid manager. Not like Pulis; more like a more experienced and level headed Karanka. Build each attack from a strong defensive base - which is why a creative attacking midfielder had always been important in his systems. It's very similar to AK's 4-2-3-2 - which I personally would welcome.

Hope there's some truth in this...

I'd love it if we played 4 2 3 2 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why on earth would we hire an unexceptional young coach from Portugal it makes no sense to me.

Then again every newsman and ITK is saying Woodgate's favourite/got it but I'm yet to see a reason why he should beyond his PowerPoint presentation went well and he's Woody so he's entitled to a crack of the whip.

I don't know anymore honestly I don't think we know what we're doing one minute we're rebuilding everything so obviously the guy who's been a part of the failures is the guy to put in charge. This Jorge Simao sure looks like he'd bring attacking football by this GS GA also looks like he'd bring alot of aneurisms and goals conceded not exactly sure what we're doing if we're chasing him.

Think this would be more of a kenyon job than a Gibson pick, that’s promising based on his last pick (Karanka) and could lead to some interesting signings. However posted stats aren’t massively encouraging, I’d still be leaning towards Slavisa but it’s still a nice name out of the blue and explains a few things.

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Then again every newsman and ITK is saying Woodgate's favourite/got it but I'm yet to see a reason why he should beyond his PowerPoint presentation went well and he's Woody so he's entitled to a crack of the whip.

You don't know why because you don't know him.. unlike the people making the decision.

What we do know is he is highly regarded as a coach within the club and football as a whole.

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

You don't know why because you don't know him.. unlike the people making the decision.

What we do know is he is highly regarded as a coach within the club and football as a whole.

So was Agnew.

58 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The strange anomaly regarding Boro managers is that, the more experienced they are, the worst they seem to do.

Lawrence, Strachan, Mowbray, Monk and Pulis all failed in their objectives, Robson, McClaren and Karanka all achieved theirs.

The odd one out is Southgate, he did end up getting relegated, but that was after a lot of cost cutting. He had us in third place when he was sacked, maybe he would have got us back up, had he not been replaced by GS2. it's pure speculation, but he's doing alright these days.

Maybe another inexperienced man is the way to go forward.

Lawrence failed but Karanka succeeded?  I'd be interested to hear how you formed that opinion.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Silva got 2.08ppm with sporting and 2.44ppm with olympiacos, so a much better record tbh.

Both were top clubs in their divisions though. His time at Estoril is a similar record, and they're more in keeping with most the club's Simão has managed.

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

So was Agnew.

Its totally irrelevant! Look at 2 of Madrids most recent managers- zidane and Solari. One won 3 champions leagues in a row, one lasted 5 months. Both came through the exact same path.

Just because one failed doesnt mean the other will too.

39 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Let's not fall into the trap that just because hes a foreign name hes automatically a better choice than woodgate or jokanovic.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure than Jokanovic is a foreign name.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Jorge Simao linked with Boro

A fresh report from The Telegraph claims Jorge Simao has been interviewed for the Boro job.

The 42-year-old was most recently in charge of Portuguese side Boavista and was previously boss of Braga, He’s managed several Portuguese clubs.

Respected journalist Jason Burt says Simao has emerged as a surprise candidate and “would prove to be a bold and imaginative appointment”.

Simao is said to be keen on a move to the Championship.

Does he say why it would prove to be a bold and imaginative appointment?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Does he say why it would prove to be a bold and imaginative appointment?

What? The press? Quantify statements? Yer jokin' aren't ya!