oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

11 hours ago, TLF10 said:
11 hours ago, Tudders80 said:

Have we interviewed any black/ethnic minority candidate?.

There is a new rule that every time a manager is appointed at least 1 black candidate must be I interviewed. Wonder if we are too far along for that to be necessary

Think given it was only introduced today I think it comes in to effect as of next season, Tudders80. I think

One thing I've always wondered is, what if none applied? Could a club hypothetically still be punished if they were unable to follow the Rooney Rule due to a lack of interest from BEM coaches?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

One thing I've always wondered is, what if none applied? Could a club hypothetically still be punished if they were unable to follow the Rooney Rule due to a lack of interest from BEM coaches?

Usually the body which represents managers (in our case, the LMA) will have a list of names who are in need of interview experience in cases such as this. If there's no BAME applicants through the organic process, then a young BAME coach who will just benefit from being part of the process is given that opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

It's a completely *** stupid rule and goes entirely against the idea of equality. Interview the best people for the job regardless of their colour.

So just an update on info I have been told.

1 yr rolling contract - Lowest paid manager we have had for years.  Remit is to stay in the championship and help the club use the academy to become self sustaining moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

1 yr rolling contract - Lowest paid manager we have had for years.  Remit is to stay in the championship and help the club use the academy to become self sustaining moving forward.

Hahahahahahahahaha

This is what i said last month, oh god the reaction to this is going to be INCREDIBLE. 

Better close the forum down now.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, D.Z. said:

Sadly, I see us remaining in the Championship for a few seasons.

I see there being a firesale of sorts in the summer, anyone of value will go, and we'll look to replace them with younger players who have re-sell value, as well as bringing in talent from our academy. This will allow the club to remain financially stable and in time we'll be able to buy players to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Proof that I said this when I said it, haha.

14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

And at the same time we've increased the cost of season cards for our loyal, long suffering fanbase.

Just now, PsychFur said:

And at the same time we've increased the cost of season cards for our loyal, long suffering fanbase.

No don't you get it we're going to play like Liverpool it'll be fun and exciting to watch

1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

Edited by Barnaby
Not getting involved
32 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

It's a completely *** stupid rule and goes entirely against the idea of equality. Interview the best people for the job regardless of their colour.

The Rooney Rule has made a genuine difference in the NFL, so it does work. In the first 10 years since it was introduced, 17 teams hired a Coach of Colour, with 3 of those teams hiring more than one. 

It's not entirely against the idea of equality. It's neither racist, not an antidote to racism.

The reality is that BAME coaches are far less likely to get an interview than their white counterparts with similar CVs. That's not just in football, that's everywhere. It's a prejudice ingrained withing society. The Rooney Rule puts young Coaches of Colour in front of what are generally boards of Old White Men who are often (perhaps subconsciously) reluctant to hire a Person of Colour as the face of their business. That's the observations of those within the EFL - including those Old White Men - as to how the Rooney Rule has been a success.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

The Rooney Rule has made a genuine difference in the NFL, so it does work. In the first 10 years since it was introduced, 17 teams hired a Coach of Colour, with 3 of those teams hiring more than one. 

It's not entirely against the idea of equality. It's neither racist, not an antidote to racism.

The reality is that BAME coaches are far less likely to get an interview than their white counterparts with similar CVs. That's not just in football, that's everywhere. It's a prejudice ingrained withing society. The Rooney Rule puts young Coaches of Colour in front of what are generally boards of Old White Men who are often (perhaps subconsciously) reluctant to hire a Person of Colour as the face of their business. That's the observations of those within the EFL - including those Old White Men - as to how the Rooney Rule has been a success.

It's all about quotas and political correctness and nothing more. Do you think an underqualifed black person should get a job over a qualified white person?

What if the black person is equally qualified but the boss chooses the white person? Is that automatically racist?

It works in the NFL because by and large, American companies DO have racial prejudices.

2 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

It's all about quotas and political correctness and nothing more. Do you think an underqualifed black person should get a job over a qualified white person?

That isn't what the Rooney rule is about.