oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

2 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Cheers. I wasn't trying to offend or insult, perhaps i'm not very educated in these kinds of things, despite once being an aspiring actor (and auditioning for TV once or twice!)

Doctors?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Oh lovely! 

Not judging Woody on his footballing ability, but hes not a great person, and the company he keeps is worst of the worst. Don't want to be associated with a club thats ok with that tbh. 

• Sad 2
5 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

I don't know if you can tell, but there's not a lot going on right now.

In your life? Thought about a hobby? Maybe baking or amateur dramatics. 

The Rooney rule was set up to try and overcome implicit racism in the NFL. It was thought for years that black players didn't have the intelligence to play in the quarter back position or to be a head coach at the top level. 

Like I said it is implicit racism/prejudice, people don't even realise they have these views. By creating the Rooney rule it forced general managers in the NFL to interview at least one black candidate. This gave those candidates a chance to sell themselves and their ideas and prove to privileged white men that black people had the intelligence and skills to do the job. 

Look at football in this country the people running clubs are still generally privileged white men. How many black managers are given a chance to coach and manager at the highest level. The proportions are so low compared to the ratio of black players. 

John Barnes has talked about this, he had a chance at Celtic and didn't do very well. After that  his managerial career was virtually over. Compare that to some of the same old managers that get employed by club after club despite failing. A number of black players have complained about not even getting a chance to have an interview and share their ideas. 

• Like 1
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Don't they do any background checks etc before they employ a manager.

not him himself., the company he keeps are the ones. Talking about Boro here as well. "One of our own" crap

6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

not him himself., the company he keeps are the ones. Talking about Boro here as well. "One of our own" crap

None of that stuff is a secret, people just don't want to hear about it on here for some reason.

I suppose you could argue that associating himself with a load of lunatics doesn't affect his ability to become a football manager. 

The other side of that is what it does to the image of the football club. You wonder what stories are going to come out if he does actually get the job as well.