• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Surely time for Gibson to sell up now, we’ve gone so far backwards over the last few years it’s unbeliebable 

Go eat a box of razor blades

• Like 2
Just now, Smogzilla said:

If Woodgate gets the job and actually does well, the amount of humble pie that will have to be eaten on here will reach record levels. 

That doesn't genuinely happen on places like this ?

28 minutes ago, Boranup said:

Gibson appointing Woodgate would prove beyond any doubt that he has learned nothing as Chairman since 2006.

He never will, it’s so frustrating to see clubs with smaller budgets overtake us and become established premier league sides through good management whilst we continue to employ poor managers and waste massive money on average players. Inevitable this was going to happen. 

Luckily most of the big earners are out of contract next season and we have a few players who will bring in decent money or we would have ended up like Sunderland 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

But if it’s been a summer full of lies and spin why should we believe anything said in a press conference? I never listen to press conferences they are just 5 minutes of ***, cliches and stuff people want to hear.

The club is becoming a laughing stock. 4 weeks to appoint the person they wanted from the off. (if indeed he does get it) and their mouth - piece spouting utter ***. They barely even make sense, quoting that one guy who is an outsider is one of the favourites. These two things are completely the opposite of each other!! 

On the BAME debate, if a BAME candidate gets an interview because the club needs to interview a BAME candidate for legal reasons, and then the said candidate gets the job because he interviewed best/proves he is the best person for the job, then the Rooney rule has worked. The best person for the job got the job. I'd rather this than not interview the BAME candidate and hire someone that isn't going to be as good at the job just because of an underlying prejudice (that those arranging interviews may not have even known he/she had). 

The rule doesn't mean that the BAME candidate should get the job. But it gives them a chance to be interviewed when a prejudiced club (again whether conscious or unconscious of the fact) wouldn't normally give that chance. 

Maybe the best idea is for club owners to treat all humans like humans. Maybe interview more than one BAME candidate meaning that none of the candidates feel they are there because the club was forced by law to interview them. 

On the Woodgate possible appointment (and this conceived issue with his posse) I look forward to the media coverage of "Boro boss and friends involved in........" after some kind of incident. May never happen but could be seriously embarrassing for the club. It was always going to happen with Joey Barton. I worry an incident will always be just around the corner. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Surely time for Gibson to sell up now, we’ve gone so far backwards over the last few years it’s unbeliebable 

Seriously mate, just out of interest how old are you?  Be interesting to see if you are of the modern Boro era where it's been great or if you been through the poo poo times at Ayresome Park.

If things were REALLY that bad financially (after bringing in almost £30m last summer, shedding about £1m per month off our wage bill without even trying and unbelievably still having a decent ST renewal number). We still have plenty of saleable assets, Britt, Braithwaite, Randolph, Flint, Clayton, Howson. All would attract buyers and bring in a combined £25-30m.

Its all just to extreme and hyperbolic and the rumours coming out about woodgate being the manager and the reasons for it totally go against the rumours about the interviews and who is doing the interviewing and where xyz is getting flights to.

Now that it looks like Woodgate is a shoo-in, I wonder if the Gazette would dare to run a poll with the simple question 'Would you be happy with Woodgate as head coach/manager?'.

I have a feeling that wouldn't go down to well with MFC but it would be interesting to see the result.

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Seriously mate, just out of interest how old are you?  Be interesting to see if you are of the modern Boro era where it's been great or if you been through the poo poo times at Ayresome Park.

What’s Ayresome Park got to do with anything? Surely 10 years is enough to be able to base a judgement on? Yes we get it your a super fan and we’re there when we almost went bust etc.

who cares, totally different circumstances now and the 2 situations are just not comparable. It’s like moaning about the streets being unsafe and having some ‘during the war’ type start yapping on.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SlimBoy Fat said:

Now that it looks like Woodgate is a shoo-in, I wonder if the Gazette would dare to run a poll with the simple question 'Would you be happy with Woodgate as head coach/manager?'.

I have a feeling that wouldn't go down to well with MFC but it would be interesting to see the result.

No way will the Gazette do a poll on Woodgate, the last thing they want is to be banned and get their privileges revoked.

I remember people tweeting Tallentire when Agnew was appointed and asking the Gazette to do a poll about him and Tallentire was having none of it. 

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I wasn’t alive during the real bad times for the club at AP. But regardless of that Gibson did great things for the club 30 years ago, but is that a reason for him to continue to run the club into the ground? We have gone from being in the premier league when TV money was at its highest ever, to being skint and happy to stay in the division in 3 years. And the majority of that is because of the decisions he has made. Can you imagine a set of fans at any other club accepting that? 

• Like 1