• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, estonpidge said:

people have been screaming for the club to have an ethos similar to Swansea etc. play the same style of football regardless of who is in the dugout

And they've steadfastly ignored them.  Gibson (and the club) like their fads and I see this as nothing more than the latest one to have gotten our interest.  It's all easier said than done and personally I'm going to take some convincing over whatever all of this past few weeks ends up becoming.

The manager may be less important than the project, but still massively important. Imagine pulis taking charge at barca. Imagine telling the fans that the manager is less important because he will just follow the club philosophy. I may be being negative but this seems like a "prepare yourself for a manager you don't want" statement

7 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

The manager may be less important than the project, but still massively important. Imagine pulis taking charge at barca. Imagine telling the fans that the manager is less important because he will just follow the club philosophy. I may be being negative but this seems like a "prepare yourself for a manager you don't want" statement

I’d like to see pulis at Barca tbf. Gerard pique hoofing it up to Messi. What a sight tha would be

26 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Why since then would Gibson, Bevington, Bausor & Kenyon spends weeks interviewing others?? 

They could be interviewing for other positions or they genuinely hadn't decided on who would be manager and wanted to see everything out there...

Also there's only one Mad Dog Poggy around here! ?

• Haha 1

Unless we employ new members of staff behind the scenes and Gibson takes his hands off the reigns nothing will change. 

Otherwise it's just the same people making the same bad decisions. 

I've said it before, actions will speak louder than words. 

28 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Barca would never appoint someone like pulis and I think that’s what he’s getting at. We appoint managers that suit the club not try to change the club to suit the manager 

5 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

So we appoint someone with zero management experience knowing he is going to fit this style. Makes zero sense. 

If he gets the job its suggests his style will fit surely.

Problem isn't necessarily Woodgate for me I think it's a year too soon alot of the big players we have this will be the last year before we have to sell them because they'll have a year left next summer it's at that point that I thought we'd turn to Woodgate.

The top of the club will be Bausor, Gill, Bevington and Woodgate I'm not particularly confident that they will be objective in assessing our failings and who among them will stand their ground if they a difference of opinion with Gibson it's way too cosy for my liking the club has failed for 3 years and the only heads that ever role are coaches and managers I don't envy what Woodgate's walking into here he'll need to be stronger than Southgate was I hope he's up to it I really do.

The perceived coronation of the whole thing is what's causing alot of the frustration especially mentioning he's being recommended by Pulis the least successful Boro manager since Strachan I'd hope we pay no heed to what he says, I think they threw Southgate into a bonfire I'd say they're throwing Woodgate into a blast furnace he has a squad full of expensive players that he'll have to make work and also players he shared a dressing room with and has known for 7 years like Clayton/Friend that he'll probably have to can in the next 12 months if they don't fit what he wants if he walks out the other end with us in the Prem next summer he deserves statues.

Edited by Jamie-H
11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Unless we employ new members of staff behind the scenes and Gibson takes his hands off the reigns nothing will change. 

Otherwise it's just the same people making the same bad decisions. 

I've said it before, actions will speak louder than words. 

Actions always speak louder than words but the words are still important. It tells us a bit more about what we should be judging people on. If we come out and say we want to move in this direction and are really positive about the immediate future, that sets a certain level of expectation. Like coming out and saying "We want to smash the league", it sets the intention and expectation of a lot of people, particularly in the aftermath of disappointment.

I think the club would get more kudos over a longer period by coming out and telling it pretty much like it is. If we expect to be in this division for a couple of years, building up a new culture behind the scenes, they should tell us that, set those expectations. Don't do a Pulis by any means, don't come out and say everything is *** so you can't be blamed for anything despite raking in a Premier League manager's salary. But definitely don't come out and set unrealistic goals. And more than anything... say something. Don't hide away from it because that often tells a bigger, worse story than any words in our situation could deliver. It leaves everything up to the imagination and right now, that would be a dreadful thing to do.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Problem isn't necessarily Woodgate for me I think it's a year soon alot of the players we have this will be the last year before we have to sell them because they'll have a year left next summer it's at that point that I thought we'd turn to Woodgate.

The top of the club will be Bausor, Gill, Bevington and Woodgate I'm not particularly confident that they will be objective in assessing our failings and who among them will stand their ground if they a difference of opinion with Gibson it's way too cosy for my liking the club has failed for 3 years and the only heads that ever role are coaches and managers I don't envy what Woodgate's walking into here he'll need to be stronger than Southgate was I hope he's up to it I really do.

maybe that's why he's hanging around with these alleged nefarious characters :classic_unsure: 

27 minutes ago, droopy said:

If he gets the job its suggests his style will fit surely.

How can we possibly know that. Because he told us he'll play attaching free flowing football in his interview? Surely others have said the same thing. And can prove it.