• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-want-young-hungry-players-3743977

This is a flavour of the type of headlines were we bombarded with in Southgates era. It feels like history is starting to repeat itself. 

as long as steve gibson is in charge of the club we will see the same dross football served up every season and poor recruitment as well  

Just now, king boro said:

as long as steve gibson is in charge of the club we will see the same dross football served up every season and poor recruitment as well  

What would do if you were in charge mate?

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-want-young-hungry-players-3743977

This is a flavour of the type of headlines were we bombarded with in Southgates era. It feels like history is starting to repeat itself. 

It's made me realise how bad that appointment was at the time. We were still a Premier League team, not long after being in Europe, big names linked. It was always going to be Southgate. 

At least now we're not such a good proposition for new managers so can understand us getting someone like Woodgate now. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's made me realise how bad that appointment was at the time. We were still a Premier League team, not long after being in Europe, big names linked. It was always going to be Southgate. 

At least now we're not such a good proposition for new managers so can understand us getting someone like Woodgate now. 

Yeah that was an awful appointment, he was totally out of his depth. 

My point was that the club and Gazette absolutely hammered the propaganda around that time about us approaching a new exciting era. 

I've been saying for months that this was coming again once Woodgate got the job, it's so transparent. 

If we go and appoint loads of backroom staff that have worked at clubs like Ajax fair enough I'll change my mind but it feels like they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes because they know the Woodgate appointment is going to go down like a lead balloon. 

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

And another day meanders past without an announcement. God there is times that I hate my club!!!

Usually go for a 10am or 6pm don't we. 

I think it'll be tomorrow

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

I have been offline for 5 days .. Can someone please give an update on the major things which have been going on? 

Cheers 

King boro wants viduka and Hasslebaink back up front, other than that nothing 

This DoF stuff's interesting since it seems Gibson's been our defacto Dof for years especially the past 2 seasons.

How the argument internally about hpw we found ourselves where we're at hasn't been traced to Gibson's decision in the summer of 2017 to decree that no more shall we sign foreign players like Fischer/De Roon/Bernardo but from now on we will pay the money clubs domestically want for their proven British players and happily pay their wage demands because Spanish cliques, Orta bad guy and we need a British spine like Burnley to get promoted it's the only way.

All the unshiftable investments we have in our squad have stemmed from his decision to do that and both Monk and Pulis operated under that remit it seems from early transfer rumours that maybe there's a reverse in policy but it's hard to tell without a manager and/or DoF in place. Say what you want about Karanka era recruitment I'm pretty sure we made a profit or recouped every penny on most of his signings it's only the past couple of years of policy that has led us to this supposedly penniless cliff we find ourselves on the edge of.

1 hour ago, king boro said:

You said the other day you loved Steve Gibson and he was the only man to get us I to the premier league - you're crap at this trolling lark like

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Problem isn't necessarily Woodgate for me I think it's a year too soon alot of the big players we have this will be the last year before we have to sell them because they'll have a year left next summer it's at that point that I thought we'd turn to Woodgate.

The top of the club will be Bausor, Gill, Bevington and Woodgate I'm not particularly confident that they will be objective in assessing our failings and who among them will stand their ground if they a difference of opinion with Gibson it's way too cosy for my liking the club has failed for 3 years and the only heads that ever role are coaches and managers I don't envy what Woodgate's walking into here he'll need to be stronger than Southgate was I hope he's up to it I really do.

The perceived coronation of the whole thing is what's causing alot of the frustration especially mentioning he's being recommended by Pulis the least successful Boro manager since Strachan I'd hope we pay no heed to what he says, I think they threw Southgate into a bonfire I'd say they're throwing Woodgate into a blast furnace he has a squad full of expensive players that he'll have to make work and also players he shared a dressing room with and has known for 7 years like Clayton/Friend that he'll probably have to can in the next 12 months if they don't fit what he wants if he walks out the other end with us in the Prem next summer he deserves statues.

I would have thought a lot of the candidates for the Job would be on holiday,If that were the case would you like to find out on Sky sport news that you have/have not got the job,Maybe SG would like to tell them personally,Its just a thought

1 hour ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I really think that in the next 2 weeks we will know who will be manager of Middlesbrough Football Club.

Don't hold your breath though