oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

New random theory, Woodgates been on holiday while the club have been negotiating for the u23s manager and new backroom staff. The club want to announce everyone at once to save money on press conference costs, lighting and electricity etc 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Does anyone else feel like Woodgate has had the job all along and the club is dragging it out so they don't lose season ticket sales because of the backlash from most of the fans?

I don't believe it has been dragged out because of the season ticket sales. tbh I don't think Gibson is bothered about season ticket sales.

I think he has took his time because I needed to interview all potential candidates, get all the right coaches lined up, hold second/third interviews need be, making sure all finances are lined up for what the new manager/dof wants.

and to be fair I think woodgate would have had to give an exceptional interview if he has got the job.

I didn't want Woodgate but if you look at the positives he knows what the fans want to see, he knows the club, he knows the area so we don't need to wait for him to settle, he knows what the players are capable of so he will know what we need in the transfer window.

I know he isn't everyone's first choice manager but if he plays good attacking football like the robson days I'd be happy win, lose or draw. 

7 minutes ago, Cormick said:

I don't believe it has been dragged out because of the season ticket sales. tbh I don't think Gibson is bothered about season ticket sales.

I think he has took his time because I needed to interview all potential candidates, get all the right coaches lined up, hold second/third interviews need be, making sure all finances are lined up for what the new manager/dof wants.

and to be fair I think woodgate would have had to give an exceptional interview if he has got the job.

I didn't want Woodgate but if you look at the positives he knows what the fans want to see, he knows the club, he knows the area so we don't need to wait for him to settle, he knows what the players are capable of so he will know what we need in the transfer window.

I know he isn't everyone's first choice manager but if he plays good attacking football like the robson days I'd be happy win, lose or draw. 

I can very much so see the logic in most of what you said but i can't imagine for one second anyone will be happy with good attacking football if we are regularly losing.

Would not surprise me to see Robbie Stockdale return to the club either as part of Woodgates coaching team or even as the u23 boss. He currently no.2 at Hibs.

As a no.2 would someone like Craig Shakespeare or Sammy Lee be ok with people in terms of an experienced coach assisting a younger Woodgate?

I think it's pretty simple, Gibson has decided to cut costs and use the academy more. In an attempt to appease the fans this will be dressed up as 'same attacking football ethos throughout the club' (as per twitter article). 

Woodgate knew the club wanted to do this. Based his interview/presentation around this and so impressed Gibson etc. 

Using the academy is all well and good as long as they are good enough. In reality, on average, we probably get 1 or 2 championship/premier league level players every 3 years out of the academy? 

12 minutes ago, Cormick said:

Honestly, I've got nothing against him. Loved him as a player. I was just picking up on the stuff I've been seeing online and it seemed like it could be the case! I do think a lot of people have jumped all over him too quickly by saying the football is going to be the same as it was under Pulis. Definitely not my first choice manager (I would have liked Jokanovic or Arteta) but I'll still be behind them also! Problem is as well, there's been so many rumours swirling round about who's in for the job that I've lost count of them and there doesn't seem to be any evidence alongside them! Guess we'll have to wait and see!

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Didn’t you pop the name up? ?

I was mate... now il add some meat to the bone... so we have been consulting with him on how best to develop our academy players to finished article or so I am told.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I was mate... now il add some meat to the bone... so we have been consulting with him on how best to develop our academy players to finished article or so I am told.

That would be positive if we are taking advice from people who actually have experience of doing it rather than Pulis who has none.