oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

But what's the benefit of them not telling us what's going on? Surely they just tell us its him and were currently getting dispensation - didnt we announce southgate before he had it?

Yeah and people had a good moan at us. Think it's best to have everything sorted first. What if he can't get the dispensation, how amateurish would that look

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

In my defence I had a few light beverages on board at this point

You mean Handcarted, You don't do terrible things unless your handcarted

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah and people had a good moan at us. Think it's best to have everything sorted first. What if he can't get the dispensation, how amateurish would that look

What happens if he gets the dispensation and then still cant pass the badges?

42 minutes ago, mj south said:

Come on KM, it was abit if fun and I think Duvel posted purley with tongue in cheek!

SDS,Did you put yer House on it + The wife? by any chance lol

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

My question is.. if its woodgate, why all the secrecy? No one else is going to come in for him so it's not like well lose out.

It's really bizarre.

Maybe the club are too embarrassed to unveil him. 

Just now, Barnaby said:

SDS,Did you put yer House on it + The wife? by any chance lol

He lost the wife last week and she is now dating Prowler (i'll show myself out)

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

What happens if he gets the dispensation and then still cant pass the badges?

Takes a good few years to get it so it depends how long you get the dispensation for. 

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

The fact we may be hiring a Head Coach who hasn't got the relevant badges is laughable anyway to be honest...

Lampard didn't have his. Doubt Terry does. It takes over 4 years to get it so almost impossible to get whilst playing. 

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

He lost the wife last week and she is now dating Prowler (i'll show myself out)

Was that the Portuguese girl? if so Does she know his name's Predador...just saying like

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lampard didn't have his. Doubt Terry does. It takes over 4 years to get it so almost impossible to get whilst playing. 

I wouldn't want Terry anyway. And Lampard was working towards his Pro badge last summer I think - but, still, one swallow doesn't make a summer. 

There's plenty of players who've at least started their badges whilst playing. But there's a reason why players don't often just retire and get a management job within 2 years. Having a good interview is one thing - knowing how to deliver your ideas is a complete different matter - and that's where the coaching badges come in. Look at the difference in Southgate from his time and now.