oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Good post SD. It’s high time people calm down and back the new manager (whoever it is) . If he is going to turn out as a bad appointment, well at least let him prove it first before hating on him and a ball not even kicked yet.....

What do you want a message board where we all have the same opinion? 

I don't see how moaning about Woodgate on a message board in front of a handful of people is going to stop the club being successful. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

I don't think people want a message board where everyone has the same opinion.. I think they want one where their different opinion is respected. 

Respect works both ways 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

What do you want a message board where we all have the same opinion? 

I don't see how moaning about Woodgate on a message board in front of a handful of people is going to stop the club being successful. 

Well now Duvel I am not exactly the person to level the “all have the same opinion “ accusation at. I was pro Pulis right until the end when he ultimately failed by not getting us promoted.

My issue with the current moaning about the new manager is the simple fact that we don’t have a new manager. People are tearing their hair out over who it might (or might not) be and I think it’s a bit silly to get so upset over absolutely nothing 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I'm talking purely about an Assistant Manager role for a completely inexperienced manager. No other staff - on or off the field.

Your assistant should compliment your manager in their support and skillset. This is just another 'job for the boys' appointment which makes little footballing sense 

I still don't see how it's a job for the boys. It's an experienced coach with experience from USA, England and Brazil. People want us to change mindset and forget the dark Pulis era. Should we just have kept Dave Kemp? Fwiw I think someone like Leo is perfectly experienced to compliment a young novice manager who himself has plenty of years experience from this country. Do Woodgate really need someone telling him what the CHampionship is all about? No. He needs someone to tell him what he can do better and come with inputs that Woodgate hasn't seen before.

9 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I'm talking purely about an Assistant Manager role for a completely inexperienced manager. No other staff - on or off the field.

Your assistant should compliment your manager in their support and skillset. This is just another 'job for the boys' appointment which makes little footballing sense 

Again, perhaps this is per Woodgate's request, wanting to work with someone who he feels compliments him in the ways you've said, someone who you'd have to say had a decent amount of success with us, despite the different role. I don't think there's any way to say for sure that this is without doubt just hiring someone who they know because they know them.