oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's a depressing time to be a Boro fan that's for sure.  Time for Gibson to sell up and go for the good of the club and Teesside and take all of his cronies with him ?

It's sad that nobody is reacting to this.  You're all way too serious on here these days ?

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Don't forget the smoke blowing ❤️

I'm all done with that, I got told off earlier for blowing smoke around so I'll stop it now.  Maybe I'll have another go later.  Was quite offended really, I'm quite an easy going bloke.  

27 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Well now Duvel I am not exactly the person to level the “all have the same opinion “ accusation at. I was pro Pulis right until the end when he ultimately failed by not getting us promoted.

My issue with the current moaning about the new manager is the simple fact that we don’t have a new manager. People are tearing their hair out over who it might (or might not) be and I think it’s a bit silly to get so upset over absolutely nothing 

Whos upset? Again its a message board with different people posting who are different ages, from different backgrounds with different expectations. 

I upset people on here because I'm a pessimist where Steve Gibson is involved and I think I've got good reason to be after the last few years. That doesn't mean I don't want us to do well. 

I'll say the same as I did when Monk was in charge, if people think I'm disrespectful then bring it up with the moderators and they can ban me. There was enough people that wanted me banned at that time for saying Monk was out of his depth. 

Not sure how i feel about Leo as assistant coach, my overriding feeling is skepticism. Maybe the club have looked at his experience as enough for Woodgate, but I’d personally have hoped for an assistant with much more experience to mitigate for Woodgate’s complete lack of (managerial) experience.

I do hope the club haven’t just brought him in to appease the fans. 

If it’s a Woodgate/Leo combo then so be it, and happy to give them a chance. I can’t say I’m overly excited about the season ahead but you never know!

• Like 1
Just now, Duvel said:

Whos upset? Again its a message board with different people posting who are different ages, from different backgrounds with different expectations. 

I upset people on here because I'm a pessimist where Steve Gibson is involved and I think I've got good reason to be after the last few years. That doesn't mean I don't want us to do well. 

I'll say the same as I did when Monk was in charge, if people think I'm disrespectful then bring it up with the moderators and they can ban me. There was enough people that wanted me banned at that time for saying Monk was out of his depth. 

Yep I used to think you were a right troll then. You’ve actually grown on me since then though ❤️

Not going to lie despite my earlier comments I've just got goosebumps thinking of the reaction Leo will get in the first home game of next season and Leo acknowledging it by kissing the badge and pumping his fist against his chest for old time's sake. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Well done Lurker, genuinely thought you were on the wind-up but seems as though you're not. 

This season is either going to be really good or an absolute trainwreck.

Looking forward to seeing which it is! 

I think it’ll be neither, just a solid 10th place finish. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Not sure how i feel about Leo as assistant coach, my overriding feeling is skepticism. Maybe the club have looked at his experience as enough for Woodgate, but I’d personally have hoped for an assistant with much more experience to mitigate for Woodgate’s complete lack of (managerial) experience.

I do hope the club haven’t just brought him in to appease the fans. 

If it’s a Woodgate/Leo combo then so be it, and happy to give them a chance. I can’t say I’m overly excited about the season ahead but you never know!

Maybe Woody & Leo have the same footballing philosophy, which is what you want, surely.

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

At no point did I suggest that you were being disrespectful. You are entitled to your opinion and I would back that entitlement 100%. 

You do come across to me as someone who is upset and if I have picked that up wrong I do apologise for it.

But do at least let the new manager get a few games under his belt before you throw him under the bus