• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I suppose I should make a serious post then seeing as I'm losing my touch.

Appointing Percovich, if we do, smacks of a PR move so you could say that at least Bevington is earning his money.  I think most people have a relatively high opinion of him but that's less to do with any coaching/management ability and more about how he's perceived as a person.  All of this, including the amount of time it's taken, makes me think it was even more likely that Gibson's first choice was Pulis, whether that was as a straight up manager or as some kind of Director of Football.  I don't believe that Percovich would be anywhere near the club if Pulis was still here so I'd say we've made a significant change of tack somewhere along the line.  

The timing of all this interests me as you'd have to assume that either Woodgate was only very recently given the nod (if it's him) or that Percovich wasn't our first choice otherwise we'd have been much further along by now.  Logically then you'd also say that Woodgate (if it's him) wasn't our first choice either and that the delay is because we wanted someone else.  Alternatively, Gibson could have simply decided to take plenty of time in making the decision of course.

Woodgate as a Headcoach would be a complete unknown really and impossible to get a good read on before we've seen him in action.  Whatever people might think of him on a personal level we really have no idea what he can do as a Headcoach.  I'm not sure how important his assistant will be as most people in the top job will make their own decisions and do it their own way.

I'm a little confused as to what the structure will be though.  If you're having a Director of Football then surely you appoint him first and then he appoints a Head Coach and then they appoint the staff together.  That's if you're doing it properly of course.  If you're just hiring people, giving them titles but continuing on pretty much as you were then I don't suppose it really matters.

If it turns out that it's not Woodgate and is Karanka as some people are suggesting then everything the Gazette talked about would be complete rubbish so it would be a weird move as presumably the club would have briefed the Gazette on what they are looking to do and then they'd be doing a complete u-turn.  I'd also be surprised if you had Karanka, Percovich and Woodgate working together as Karanka fell out with the other two so that would be an odd move to say the least.  It also looks a lot like we're looking at a relatively small pool of people who have some connection to the club already.  I don't see the benefit of all of that personally.

• Like 3

Please please please please please let it be AK.

I know he wasn't great in the prem for us and fell out with some of the players, i'd hope he learned from those mistakes, and to think a lot of us have been resigned to settling for woodgate, it would be IMO a much better appointment.

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

DoF  - AK

Head Coach - Woody

AM/GK Coach - Leo

A DoF who has never been a DoF, a Head Coach who has never been a Head Coach and one person who fell out with the other two.  Looks ideal ?

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I’m still adamant it will be woody personally 

had few quid on AK. Makes things interesting. I was told it wasnt JW, but looking more likely now isnt it. Inclined to agree

Can't see it being AK and Leo given their big falling out.  Even with cracks papered over, there would be too big a risk of the whole thing breaking down again. 

I actually quite like the idea of Leo as assistant manager to Nigel Adkins. Yes, they are opposites, but Leo's (sometimes uncontrolled) enthusiasm would balance with Adkin's steadiness and experience. 

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

I don't know why people get so hung up on professional people supposedly "falling out".

I've fallen out with birds and woken up in bed with them the next morning. People get over things in life.

Because it matters in professional matters more than you falling out with whichever munter you've dragged back home after a night out ?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

A DoF who has never been a DoF, a Head Coach who has never been a Head Coach and one person who fell out with the other two.  Looks ideal ?

everyone has to start somewhere

good thing the one thing they all have in common is lots of football experience

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

everyone has to start somewhere

good thing the one thing they all have in common is lots of football experience

Do they all have to start here though at the same time?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Because it matters in professional matters more than you falling out with whichever munter you've dragged back home after a night out ?

I reject all claims of muntery. But besides that, I think in professional matters it's even easier to get over. Who can say they work with people they 100% like? Rare thing that, and when you see how close AK and Leo were before, I don't see it just completely being broken apart by one falling out.