oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

7 minutes ago, gloom4u said:

The level of coaching is not that great either. There is a big desire to adopt more European methods  in Brazil as the tactical side of the game is still stuck in the 80s for the most part. 

Maybe Leo was bringing some of that? Or maybe it was a low level work environment.

Fluminense are currently 15th in serie a.

They are, the Brazilian league is very unpredictable, so many different teams have won the league in recent times, that does make things exciting though. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They are, the Brazilian league is very unpredictable, so many different teams have won the league in recent times, that does make things exciting though. 

I don't know what has been put in the Palmeiras water lately (other than Scolari) but they are looking like becoming the dominant force.

Not meaning to derail the manager thread but did the forum see Juninho has got a job with the CBF as youth development head?

Fingers crossed he sends a few tips our way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I have, I go to Brazil a lot, as my in-laws live there. Attendances tend to vary depending on who the opposition is. I’ve never been to a flu match as I’m a Flamengo fan, myself. Local Derby’s tend to be packed, so the Flu -Fla match or verses Botafogo or Vasco are always lively affairs. The biggest problem with non derby matches is that fans of other teams live so far away. It’s a massive country with no rail links. Normal people can’t afford to fly by plane every weekend to watch matches so this can kill the atmosphere and lower attendances. 

The standard of football varies very much, depending on the teams playing and you are right, there is a massive player drain from Brazil to Europe as that is where players can make their fortune. 

I don’t follow the Dutch league, I presume it to be a bit like the Scottish league with 2 decent teams. Whilst the others make up the numbers, do Ajax fill their stadium when they play the smaller Dutch sides? I have no idea. 

Maybe I’m biased, as I love Brazil and it’s passion for football. 

In some respects it is like the Scottish league, in terms of that it has only a few good teams. But then again so is La Liga. However, as we seen with Ajax in the Champions League this season, who were arguably the best team in the CL having beaten Juventus and Real Madrid and extremely unlucky not to make the final, the standard is a lot higher amongst the top teams in Holland than it is in the SPL. 

Also, Ajax’s average attendance the last few seasons has been around 50,000. 

Ajax, in my opinion, are miles above Fluminense in terms of standard, size of club, and coaching/setup. That’s why I’d happily have a member of the Ajax set up come on board but am a bit sceptical of a Fluminense youth team manager coming on board. 

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Ajax, in my opinion, are miles above Fluminense in terms of standard, size of club, and coaching/setup. That’s why I’d happily have a member of the Ajax set up come on board but am a bit sceptical of a Fluminense youth team manager coming on board. 

Of course they are, it's not even close.  People just need to find justification for Percovich being asked to come back over here and will come up with any old rubbish.  He's been asked because he has a prior relationship with us, which is also why Woodgate and it seems Round are also being considered for roles.  That obviously doesn't mean they won't be capable in those roles of course.

• Like 1

I think the most disappointing thing about the Woodgate appointment, for me, is the total lack of regard Gibson is showing the fans. 

Nobody knows whether or not Woodgate will make it as a manager or not, but it’s quite clear that the majority of fans are against it. You just have to take a quick look at any poll that has been carried out on the topic to see that. 

It just feels like, recently, Gibson doesn’t really care what the fans think. Sticking with Pulis, then, by all accounts, offering him a new contract, and now, appointing someone who the majority don’t want. 

Of course, it’s his club, he can do what he wants. But I feel the disconnect between the club and the fans is growing and this is only go to increase that. 

At the end of the day, if he is appointed, I’ll get behind him and give him a chance. But my passion for the club has faded over the last year or so. I really hoped we would make an exciting appointment that would help me to regain some of that feeling that I’ve lost but I feel a Woodgate appointment is only going to reduce it further. 

16 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

U23: woody.. head coach: AK.. DoF: round

?

for me -based on rumours

u23 Rosienier(sp)

Assistant/GK - Leo

Manager - Woody

DoF - Round (but would love an Otto surprise)

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Info is sketchy at the mo... I think DOF and Paul Jenkins going in as U23 coach possibly 

return of Paul Jenkins would be great, was doing well before the Monk Takeover.

Still feel for Stephenson though, from my limited exposure he was doing a great job too

14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Of course they are, it's not even close.  People just need to find justification for Percovich being asked to come back over here and will come up with any old rubbish.  He's been asked because he has a prior relationship with us, which is also why Woodgate and it seems Round are also being considered for roles.  That obviously doesn't mean they won't be capable in those roles of course.

There's no room for negativity like that on here ?