oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

I was feeling a lot happier about Woodgate with the rumoured Round, Rosenior and Keane team behind him but that seems to have fallen apart now. How can it be that nobody seems to want to come here? Gazette have started mentioning Downing - if it ends up a Woodgate/Downing management team I think it will kick off! People were saying that as a sick joke a couple of months ago. 

There's too many random people involved, with too many different ideas. That was one of the concerns of one of the ones that isn't coming now. Have to agree aswell. Too many jigsaw pieces that won't fit. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I was feeling a lot happier about Woodgate with the rumoured Round, Rosenior and Keane team behind him but that seems to have fallen apart now. How can it be that nobody seems to want to come here? Gazette have started mentioning Downing - if it ends up a Woodgate/Downing management team I think it will kick off! People were saying that as a sick joke a couple of months ago. 

It won't kick off, it's not kicked off really because of Woodgate like was being mentioned yesterday but everyone said it would. But it won't kick off until they have the hindsight of saying it was a bad idea. That won't come until after they've had a chance.

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

There's too many random people involved, with too many different ideas. That was one of the concerns of one of the ones that isn't coming now. Have to agree aswell. Too many jigsaw pieces that won't fit. 

Yeah makes a certain amount of sense.

I'm guessing we are now talking to the next people down on the list. Must be disappointed with some people walking away late in the day. I wonder if some of the European folk talked to will now come into play.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I wonder if it's worth looking at jokanovic's coaching staff? Did any work under him at both Watford and Fulham?

If you think it’s worth looking at SJ’s coaching staff then why don’t we just get Jokanovic? ?

• Like 1
Just now, "KM" said:

If you think it’s worth looking at SJ’s coaching staff then why don’t we just get Jokanovic? ?

I thought everyone and their dog knew that that was a financial decision. His coaches helped him shape the successful way his teams played and are obviously a lot cheaper individually than as a collective so why not consider them?

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought everyone and their dog knew that that was a financial decision. His coaches helped him shape the successful way his teams played and are obviously a lot cheaper individually than as a collective so why not consider them?

Because they may want to work with him somewhere else?  Because they helped him shape his teams as opposed to helping someone else shaping their team in whatever way they might wish to do this?  

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I genuinely wonder if that option is on the table.

It would be an odd one to get rid of him and then ask him back.  I can't see how that would work really.  Hi Curtis, we didn't want you a couple of weeks ago but now we do, whadya think?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because they may want to work with him somewhere else?  Because they helped him shape his teams as opposed to helping someone else shaping their team in whatever way they might wish to do this?  

Well they're unemployed at the moment so youd think theyd be open to offers rather than waiting around to see if anyone can actually match jokanovic's demands. Point is they are coaches with a history of success in this division who currently dont have a job. Worth considering. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think they'll be waiting for him to get a job and then join him there, if they are used to working with him.  That tends to be how those things work.

Well it tends to happen to a point but you do tend to see most trying new things at certain points in their career. It's rare that a coachwill stick with one manager for their entire career.