oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

14 minutes ago, Brunners said:
19 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Hope I’m wrong but could see this dragging into next week.

What the actual ***. This club is a shambles.

Why? Because someone on a message board has a feeling it might drag into next week?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I meant to ask you about that.  You were so certain even right up until the end that it wasn't Woodgate so what was it that you'd been told or was it just that it wasn't him?

latest comment was a joke, but yeah id been told he didn't have it. Seems that he has though now, but i reckon it was a fall back and not his, like a lot have eluded to from the beginning. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why? Because someone on a message board has a feeling it might drag into next week?

It is Friday tomorrow so unless it happens tomorrow then it will happen next week won't it?  They don't often do this kind of thing over a weekend do they?

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I just dont think the club have handled this all particularly well. They really need to cut their losses and just announce Woodgate at this point.

Just now, nunthorpered said:

latest comment was a joke, but yeah id been told he didn't have it. Seems that he has though now, but i reckon it was a fall back and not his, like a lot have eluded to from the beginning. 

Yeah I know it was a joke, I just wondered what you'd been told before that made you so sure it wasn't Woodgate as you were adamant even right up until the end.  I'm just interested in how we did things really.

Just now, Brunners said:

I just dont think the club have handled this all particularly well. They really need to cut their losses and just announce Woodgate at this point.

We don't know their reasoning for it though. Sky may have massively jumped the gun by telling everyone about Woodgate, Keane, Round etc on Tuesday when the club weren't ready for it. It could be anything, from them wanting to tie up the assistant(s) contracts to Gibson wanting to be at the presser and not being around until tomorrow.

The club make some odd decisions, and some poor decisions, but I think sometimes people are too keen to criticise them without having all the facts.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

We don't know their reasoning for it though. Sky may have massively jumped the gun by telling everyone about Woodgate, Keane, Round etc on Tuesday when the club weren't ready for it. It could be anything, from them wanting to tie up the assistant(s) contracts to Gibson wanting to be at the presser and not being around until tomorrow.

The club make some odd decisions, and some poor decisions, but I think sometimes people are too keen to criticise them without having all the facts.

Once a leak of that magnitude happens, most entities I see would make some form of statement on it. The radio silence just leads to more questions and more frustrations as time drags on.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah I know it was a joke, I just wondered what you'd been told before that made you so sure it wasn't Woodgate as you were adamant even right up until the end.  I'm just interested in how we did things really.

Couple of agents, and couple of connected others said that they didn't think it was Woodys. Looking like its definitely him but just waiting to get some staff in. Feel as though we need someone really good with him or its going to be a very long, and disappointing season

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah i also think Sky have jumped the gun, when the mentioned staff didn't fancy it in the first place. 

Woodgate wasn't a fall back option, jesus *** christ.

He was interviewed just like the others, was actually favoured by Gibson as he wouldn't cost as much and fits in with the club's policy of cutting costs where possible.

Jokanovic was never realistically going to happen, huge risk if we don't get promoted.

Just now, Brunners said:

Once a leak of that magnitude happens, most entities I see would make some form of statement on it. The radio silence just leads to more questions and more frustrations as time drags on.

Yeah I definitely see your point mate, it's part of the whole 24-hour news age I suppose, that no confirmation between Tuesday night and Thursday afternoon feels like an eternity.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Let's not kid ourselves anymore. Gibson has had his eyes set on Jonathan Woodgate becoming the next manager of Middlesbrough Football Club for a while. 

I thought you were quite keen on kidding yourself, though? I don't think we'd have interviewed anyone else if we'd only had Woodgate on the list.

1 minute ago, D.Z. said:

Woodgate wasn't a fall back option, jesus *** christ.

He was interviewed just like the others, was actually favoured by Gibson as he wouldn't cost as much and fits in with the club's policy of cutting costs where possible.

Jokanovic was never realistically going to happen, huge risk if we don't get promoted.

No chance was he the number 1 option though thats what i meant. I know he wasn't