oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

No chance was he the number 1 option though thats what i meant. I know he wasn't 

Jokanovic was offered it on our terms. He didn't take it. 

Whether we offered him a bad deal knowing he wouldn't take it is a different matter, it can't have been that bad though as he would've turned it down straight away. (realised I'm arguing with myself here)

NunthorpeRed, I was told the same. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Jokanovic was offered it on our terms. He didn't take it. 

Whether we offered him a bad deal knowing he wouldn't take it is a different matter, it can't have been that bad though as he would've turned it down straight away. (realised I'm arguing with myself here)

NunthorpeRed, I was told the same. 

What do you guys think the delay is now? 

1 minute ago, D.Z. said:

Who was, then?

Like Lurker said it was Jok. Also agree that we didn't give in to silly terms. Im disappointed, but id rather have my club than a one season gamble. Risk would have been huge

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

latest comment was a joke, but yeah id been told he didn't have it. Seems that he has though now, but i reckon it was a fall back and not his, like a lot have eluded to from the beginning. 

I was told the job was Neville’s no one else

1 minute ago, ABH said:

If Woodgate had the job all along why have we waited until this week to start approaching his couching staff? 

He didn't, that's the point.

1 minute ago, ABH said:

If Woodgate had the job all along why have we waited until this week to start approaching his couching staff? 

Maybe they've just been sitting on their hands all this time? 

1 minute ago, Foogle said:
3 minutes ago, ABH said:

Maybe they've just been sitting on their hands all this time?

It's not gone to plan sofa.

• Haha 1

It's more of a shame for Woodgate than anything else.  I see no reason why he couldn't have been announced when the decision was made and then in his press conference say that we'll be working on finalising the staff over the next few days or something along those lines.  People would have been fine with that and it would have given the appearance that Woodgate was taking the lead on it.  At the moment I'm not sure if that's the case.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's more of a shame for Woodgate than anything else.  I see no reason why he couldn't have been announced when the decision was made and then in his press conference say that we'll be working on finalising the staff over the next few days or something along those lines.  People would have been fine with that and it would have given the appearance that Woodgate was taking the lead on it.  At the moment I'm not sure if that's the case.

Agree with that. Assuming the position is Woodgates, the longer this drags on the more it's undermining his position before he's even announced as it's looking more and more like the club are picking his staff for him.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Like I've said, social media marketing generation. Everything has to be perfect before the announcement. This is meant to be a bold new step in our future and I'm sure they'll want to sell it as such.

(I've said this, so now you know it will just be the most amateur press release with nothing but a picture of Woody from his playing days)