oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah but KM doesn’t negotiate. When he sees a 30k car he goes blazing into the shop slaps 40k on the counter and leaves with a smile because he didn’t have to negotiate. 

Haha this example reminded me of  alleged tactics employed by Leeds when signingSeth Johnson. Peter Ridsdale you legend.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, "KM" said:

It’s nothing new we have always worked at a snail’s pace whether it’s in terms of recruiting players or managers. It has been said before and it will be said again and again, because nothing has changed, the club is incompetent right from the top.

Honestly, you only think this because we're all in a Boro bubble. Other clubs will go through the same thing, we just don't see it from the outside.

Also, we have worked slowly in the past, but we've also been swift too. One of the last players we signed, Van la Parra, for example, was signed before the January window even opened. Pulis was appointed within 72 hours of Monk being sacked.

As I've said before, if Woodgate has the job, and Woodgate knows that he has the job, and the players (both current ones and potential signings) know that Woodgate has the job, it doesn't really make much of a difference if he's announced on June 1st or August 1st.

• Like 4

Very true Tom. Modern technology and 24hour news channels has made us all impatient.

I remember the days when i used to rely on Ceefax and the Gazette coming out at 1pm for my only daily Boro news.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Didn't fancy it apparently. 

He can get lost then. Not had a coaching job in 5yrs and his last post as DoF almost coincided with one of the biggest clubs in the country going in to administration .

(Although i do think he would have made a good addittion to the coaching set up). Lol

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Didn't fancy it apparently. 

So wonder whether we have spent today working on a replacement hence the delay? 

Said it before wouldn’t be surprised if Steve McClaren gets linked. 

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Honestly, you only think this because we're all in a Boro bubble. Other clubs will go through the same thing, we just don't see it from the outside.

Also, we have worked slowly in the past, but we've also been swift too. One of the last players we signed, Van la Parra, for example, was signed before the January window even opened. Pulis was appointed within 72 hours of Monk being sacked.

As I've said before, if Woodgate has the job, and Woodgate knows that he has the job, and the players (both current ones and potential signings) know that Woodgate has the job, it doesn't really make much of a difference if he's announced on June 1st or August 1st.

Indeed. WBA have only just signed Bilic today despite sacking their manager months ago and only having a caretaker. Swansea have also only just signed their manager. 

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So wonder whether we have spent today working on a replacement hence the delay? 

Said it before wouldn’t be surprised if Steve McClaren gets linked. 

Think he would be a good appointment as coach. Although i can fully see why any new manager would not want the most successful manager of the same club to then become part of his coaching team

I would be interested to know what role Round was going to have. If it was just that of an experienced coach I am sure Woody will have an idea of who he would want next on his list. If it is a more strategic role then I suppose we have plenty of time to get that decision right. A coaching set up of Woodgate, Keane and Leo looks quite refreshing to me and I feel that a more positive approach will be harnessed with their positive personalities.w