oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Head Coach Thread.

New manager announced, new second kit, it’s stopped raining, it’s friday and you can go to the Riverside and buy new merchandise all intime for the summer, including returning the kit for a different size after learning S M L XL sizes bear no resemblance to what they used to be or you thought they were.

im not expecting instant success over the next season, nor am I expecting a relegation battle, but today we have finally been given the Lego blocks as to how the players will managed. It’s not what everyone wanted or hoped for imo but it does finally give some answers to long asked questions, and allows other very important ones to be raised such as If Heineken supply our beer, why are we subjected to pish poor draft or bottled blooming fosters.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

It doesnt have to be bad mouthing though. A good response would be "I learnt a lot from Tony about xyz but we have a different footballing philosophy and I am looking forward to implementing it this season". Remember there are still people out there who dont trust woodgate as a manager purely because of his association to the previous regime. The more explicit distance we get between him and what came before the better.

He basically did that in his first interview, but yeah would be good to hear that again in the presser. I'm excited to hear from Keane, he's our new attacking coach after all. 

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It doesnt have to be bad mouthing though. A good response would be "I learnt a lot from Tony about xyz but we have a different footballing philosophy and I am looking forward to implementing it this season". Remember there are still people out there who dont trust woodgate as a manager purely because of his association to the previous regime. The more explicit distance we get between him and what came before the better.

Needs to be respectful but also distance himself as much as possible given what he claims is his 'style'.

Can't be seen to *** on Pulis too much as he has a lot of friends in the game.

Maybe he wants to bring T Pullis in as Defensive coach/advisor. No sense in badmouthing previous regime if this is true. 

He spoke well in his interview. Not most people's first choice but now we've all got to get behind him! I'm actually excited to see how things pan out if he gets us playing attacking football like he says he wants to do. Great coaching staff behind him as well. I think the younger lads will gain a lot from working with them all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Maybe he wants to bring T Pullis in as Defensive coach/advisor. No sense in badmouthing previous regime if this is true. 

Why would he want to do that?

Posted (edited)

It was a joke, but to be fair Pulis could manage a defence,

Edited by Naisby
Crap speller or auto correct

Maybe he learned a lot of ‘what not to do’ from pulis. Works both ways!

Posted (edited)

Woodie is saying all the right things; promoting youth, attacking football, honesty with transfer budgets. All the things we've been asking for.

There's a clear lack of experience in the appointments, but what the hell, we'll be giving it a go and come the first match of the season the Riverside will have a buzz about it again.

UTB.

Edited by Boro Badger
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I wonder if Gibson will be in attendance at the press conference. It's been a while since he was last interviewed regarding Middlesbrough.

I hope he attends, so long as he doesn't say 'smash the league'.