oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would be unless we're counting Fry and Downing?  The only other player who got first team mins in league football was Tavernier I think and he hardly got any really.

It's the cup debuts that skew the stats to make it look like they were given a chance.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Will said:

Would you believe me if I told you that last year was actually one of the best in the last 20 years in terms of Academy players being given a chance in the first team?

I read that stat from Shaun on Twitter, still waiting for him to come back with numbers. It's not really being given a chance if they're put in in the really early rounds of the cup, then dropped when it got past the 4th round not to be seen again for the rest of the season. 

It wasnt a good year for the academy products no matter how you spin it by saying a few players got starts in a cup game. Great year for fry though. 

Just now, Brunners said:

It's the cup debuts that skew the stats to make it look like they were given a chance.

Yeah I don't count them.  If you get a manager who doesn't give a *** about the cup games he can flood them with fringe players, which will often include younger players.  The league games are a different story, that's where most manager's priorities lie and that tells a different story.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I don't count them.  If you get a manager who doesn't give a *** about the cup games he can flood them with fringe players, which will often include younger players.  The league games are a different story, that's where most manager's priorities lie and that tells a different story.

Dont forget the fact that as soon as we got to a decent stage of the cup the young players were dropped (after doing well) for our normal team and we promptly got dumped out but lower league opposition. Hardly giving our young players a chance or showing faith.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Dont forget the fact that as soon as we got to a decent stage of the cup the young players were dropped (after doing well) for our normal team and we promptly got dumped out but lower league opposition. Hardly giving our young players a chance or showing faith.

Well yeah good point.  Tavernier had played all 90 mins of the previous games but was then on the bench at home against Burton.  Only Fry and Downing were academy players who started that game and actually those three were the only academy players even in the 18 man squad.  The team that beat Palace had three others on the bench and there were more in the games before that.  If someone somewhere is trying to make it look like Pulis was giving these lads a chance please tell them they can *** right off from me ?

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Duvel said:

Until I see things change with us recruiting better I'll have to be won over by the club, the days of blind faith are gone. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the new-found positivity of some on here as I'm also being pretty positive about things myself. But I don't think we should expect anyone to feel differently to how you do, mate. Some people have been burned too many times and certainly when it comes to financial commitment, that means a lot. I hope that this regime can win you back!

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the new-found positivity of some on here as I'm also being pretty positive about things myself. But I don't think we should expect anyone to feel differently to how you do, mate. Some people have been burned too many times and certainly when it comes to financial commitment, that means a lot. I hope that this regime can win you back!

I've bought season tickets every season since we were at Ayresome park (you didn't really need them before that). I feel like to keep spending money and taking days off work for games then I need to feel connected to the club or at least have a bit of optimism. 

At the moment I've just completely lost faith in Gibson, it just feels like we are going round in circles and never getting anywhere. If it looks like the club is making an effort to run itself properly then I might commit to buying season tickets again. 

The season ticket increase was the final nail in the coffin for me after last season. I feel like we're being treated as customers now rather than supporters, if that's the case then the club need to provide a product. 

If the football is good I'll still go to some of the games but it'll be mostly free tickets off my mates who can't use their season tickets.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I don't, he's a proper misery guts ?

I'm not like this in real life, it's people like you dragging me down ?‍♂️?

Mid table is fine as long as we don't play the same kind of tripe we did last season and we give up on the "we're in for this guy, we're in for that guy" just to peak the fans interests and then leave us disappointed. 

Stop trying to sell stuff to us via the media and be honest. If that happens and we at least try to play entertaining football then midtable is a success. 

I'll take mid table football if we're trying to play attacking football and we're seeing some signs of progress as the season goes. 

I've abandoned hope of us getting promoted so hopefully we can enjoy the journey rather than worrying about the destination. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Brunners said:

Agreed. Touching distance of playoffs would be a good first year for me.

I'm just hoping we stay in this division and we have a team we can get behind - players we can love again. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1