• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Sorry, no offence but you're lower in the FIFA World Rankings than the USA!

True, but looking at the quality of players he has coached, there are plenty of premier league players in there and most of the rest are at least this level so I wouldnt say "only" when it comes to appointing him to a championship position 

I see people are laughing at TP for stating Gnabry was not good enough to get in to WBA team when he signed him on loan for Arsenal. 3 years later he has just been named player of the season at Bayern Munich.

Usually I would defend TP as all managers make mistakes like this but his recent track record with wide players is not clever. He was also dismissive of Pritchard who went on to secure an £11m to Hudds and refused to use Harrison who Bielsa showed a lot of faith in and helped get Leeds their best finish in a long time.

23 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Woody and Keane both played together at Spurs, they're polar opposites of each other with regard to the positions they played in (so cover a broader spectrum of knowledge when it comes to tactics) and while it's only the Republic of Ireland, I believe that Keane has been assistant manager at a higher level than Leo.

In fairness thats about 4 or 5 games, including 2 against gibraltar. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Tell me, are Eire above or below Gibraltar in the FIFA rankings these days? ?

If you're going to be an *** at least do it right  

"Éire"

5 minutes ago, boroie said:

There's a bit of debate about that CT. At least we got rid of MON and Keane though. Hopefully one of them ends up at Newcastle. 

I can't see it but you never know!  You're limited by the squad you have available, which is basically a Championship squad as it stands?  If you could discover a few higher quality talents over the next few years it could make a big difference for you as it has for Wales.  Kenny takes over next year doesn't he from McCarthy?  I don't know much about him mind other than he's mostly been coaching over in Ireland.

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can't see it but you never know!  You're limited by the squad you have available, which is basically a Championship squad as it stands?  If you could discover a few higher quality talents over the next few years it could make a big difference for you as it has for Wales.  Kenny takes over next year doesn't he from McCarthy?  I don't know much about him mind other than he's mostly been coaching over in Ireland.

We have a decent enough youth team I guess, but completely unhelped by the very poor youth coaching setup. Some of the league teams have a good setup and young players come through there, but most end up going over to England at a very young age as they always have - frequently resulting in a lot of homesickness and wasted talent. We continue to use the granny rule to try and attract talent, Paddy O'Bamford being approached for example. Stephen Kenny was a success at a couple of Irish teams, and a disaster in Scotland. His most recent Irish league team won the league and cup several times by playing an attractive, modern style of football. Hopefully he can impress that upon what resources are available at u21 level, and then if Big Mick leaves he should get the main job. I can't see the players having too much respect for him though which is a massive concern. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Liam Rosenior has joined Derby as part of Cocu's first team coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Liam Rosenior has joined Derby as part of Cocu's first team coaching staff.

Interesting, so maybe he was in the frame for an assistants role here?

I wonder if he was possibly an alternative to Keane, if the situation with the FAI couldn't be sorted out?

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Interesting, so maybe he was in the frame for an assistants role here?

Pure guesswork by me but maybe he felt Middlesbrough was too far up North for him to uproot to given I think he lives in London and Derby more manageable commute wise. We both seem to have offered similar roles to him so might just be geographical reasons. Shame as I like him.