oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Hilarious.

He's gone even more negative if anything. Zzzzz

Spouts as much crap as he can to make himself look good. Don't believe a word he says.

You're not worried that a lot of the squad is earning 40k+ on 3-4 year deals? What's negative about someone being honest? Unless the truth hurts? The club could be ruined.

No way is "a lot" of our squad on over 40k. I just don't believe anything he says. He says anything to suit his agenda.

The one I would say is probably on that sort of money is his buddy Downing.

Out of interest who do you believe is on over 40k at the Boro?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Hilarious.

Spouts as much crap as he can to make himself look good. Don't believe a word he says.

You're not worried that a lot of the squad is earning 40k+ on 3-4 year deals? What's negative about someone being honest? Unless the truth hurts? The club could be ruined.

No way is "a lot" of our squad on over 40k. I just don't believe anything he says. He says anything to suit his agenda.

Downing, Britt and Braithwaite would be my guess.

Tudders, You make so many assumptions in your post, I’m not one of the rose tinted ra ra supporters, I was very vocal on here about the need for a change of manager during both Mowbray and Monk’s tenure.

I’m not a glory supporter, much the opposite, in fact I got it in the neck a few times over previous seasons for claiming that we were in effect a second tier team and this was our level. I still believe that.

To be honest, I hated the season we spent in the Premier League it was utterly pointless, unless you take into consideration the money that the club earned, but I hate the idea of football as a business.

I don’t get carried away on the transfer thread imagining that we’ll sign a superstar way out of our league, to be honest I’m pretty realistic when it comes to all matters Boro.

I just think that the club needs some stability and that Pulis is probably a safe pair of hands, we can’t keep throwing good money after bad.

Sometimes I despair when I see the team announced, but it usually works out ok and we get a win or a draw, I’m really not sure any other manager could do a lot better.

The club is in a state of flux, until the big earners have moved on, nothing much can change. I know that you are passionate about the club, but you also have to see the bigger picture.

I do think that you enjoy a good moan, a lot of our fans do, that’s fine, you are entitled to your opinion. it sounds like we are both fairly old blokes who’ve seen good times and bad at our club, just look on this as one of the mediocre times!

I don’t think I need to grow up as you put it, maybe I should be more cynical, but I’ve tried that and it doesn’t make for a happy existence on this here planet.

Peace.

Hilarious.

As I said before likes the sound of his own voice, that much spin its a wonder he doesn't make himself dizzy, like you say spouts crap, give him his due at least his got the chairman hooked, the emperors new clothes comes to mind.

Hilarious.

Downing, Braithwaite, Randolph, Assombalonga, probably Mikel now (Just how much down from 140k a week do you think we were able to negotiate?)

Hilarious.

Downing, Braithwaite, Randolph, Assombalonga, probably Mikel now (Just how much down from 140k a week do you think we were able to negotiate?)

Considering he was unemployed it was up from 0. Didn’t sound like he was flush with offers.

Hilarious.

Considering he was unemployed it was up from 0. Didn’t sound like he was flush with offers.

That's not how it works though, he would have had a minimum expected wage which I expect to be at least 70k. Given his wages at Chelsea and in China.

I might be wrong, he could genuinely just be here to play football and get fit but I'm pretty sure he's being well compensated too.

That's not how it works though, he would have had a minimum expected wage which I expect to be at least 70k. Given his wages at Chelsea and in China.

I might be wrong, he could genuinely just be here to play football and get fit but I'm pretty sure he's being well compensated too.

He probably will be on a decent amount, but we’ve signed him on a very short contract (6 months?) with no transfer fee. So even if we get him for 60k per week that’s an outlay of c. £1.5m for a top class player - which is not bad business in itself if it is what Pulis needs. (I don’t think it is what he needs, as goals are the priority- but it is his neck on the line).

Find it interesting that we are apparently skint and drastically need to reduce the wage bill yet throw something like 40k a week on a (possible) upgrade on a position we are already strong in. 

I can buy Downing being on a big wage, possibly Britt given his fee. Not sure about Braithwaite, wages are tiny at the bottom end of France but either way hes gone so what does it matter? Randolph on 40k+ a week??? He was a 2nd choice prem keeper. Can't see how hes on that.

Find it interesting that we are apparently skint and drastically need to reduce the wage bill yet throw something like 40k a week on a (possible) upgrade on a position we are already strong in. 

I can buy Downing being on a big wage, possibly Britt given his fee. Not sure about Braithwaite, wages are tiny at the bottom end of France but either way hes gone so what does it matter? Randolph on 40k+ a week??? He was a 2nd choice prem keeper. Can't see how hes on that.

I think it was mooted that Braithwaite is on 50k. May have been the gazette. And I very much doubt that little leganes is paying his full wages. For the same reason he has to be successful there because I doubt they can afford him permanently.