• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Did we need to spend 7m on a centre back (Flint) when we had Ayala, Fry, Shotton and Friend who could play there? We've seen with the signing of Batth that you can also pick up a half decent centre back on loan as well.

For a club that is supposedly trying to do things differently I would have preferred to see the 7m spent elsewhere and Fry getting a run in his preferred spot.

Did we need to spend 7m on a centre back (Flint) when we had Ayala, Fry, Shotton and Friend who could play there? We've seen with the signing of Batth that you can also pick up a half decent centre back on loan as well.

For a club that is supposedly trying to do things differently I would have preferred to see the 7m spent elsewhere and Fry getting a run in his preferred spot.

No we didn’t. The 20 million we spent on flint, Saville and McNair would have been better spent on 1-2 wingers.

Well yeah I understand that Duvel, but we tried to sign Flint the season before and Monk pulled the plug, so he was identified before Pulis came. Pulis ultimately doesn't do the negotiating either, that lays with Bausor IMO.

No we didn’t. The 20 million we spent on flint, Saville and McNair would have been better spent on 1-2 wingers.

Yeh £20 mill thank *** Pulis hasn't wasted any of Gibson's money :D

When I listen to Pulis I actually agree with a lot of what he says and I quite like the guy.

Then when you look at the players he signs and his tactics on a Saturday it completely contradicts his words.

When I listen to Pulis I actually agree with a lot of what he says and I quite like the guy.

Then when you look at the players he signs and his tactics on a Saturday it completely contradicts his words.

That's what typical con men do.

For all of Pulis' shortcomings Tudders, the players he's signed or we have tried to sign aren't too bad really. We tried for Mitrovic, Bolasie and Abraham, all of which most people were happy with.

Mcqueen and Batth are/were 2 decent loan additions to cover injuries. We tried for Wallace and he ripped us apart the other week. Flint was a solid signing, Besic was a good signing last season but seems to have dropped off recently. Mikel will be a good signing as he is streets ahead of our other midfielders. We will have to wait and see with VLP.

The only highly questionable ones are Mcnair and Saville really, purely because of the price we paid, but we don't know how much the players are on weekly, we might have paid slightly more upfront for players who have lower weekly wage demands. If we paid 5m for Saville on 20k a week its exactly the same output as 7m on 10k a week on a 4 year deal, but the latter sounds far worse.

This isn't me being in the Pulis camp either because we have been chronic recently, but his player identification doesn't look too bad really with regards to transfers.

I get what you're saying but a man can't live on people he identified as being good. I can identify good players but if none of them will sign for me what's the point. And do you honestly think these "good" players he identified would have been good in a team managed by him? I doubt it, but that's conjecture. Maybe they would but maybe they wouldn't.

He is ultimately graded on the players he brings in. And by and large he has bought in poorer players than we had/needed. And his identification of positions that required transfers is appalling. Unless he actually wants to play with 7 DCMs, in which case his identification of positions required is superb, it's just his tactics and nouse are crap!! :P

Flint isn't terrible compared to a lot of defenders in this division, which is probably why he stood out at Bristol. But he's the worst of our 4 centre halves, and he's never in a million years a Premier League player

Stumbled across this last night, it’s from last year so apologies if it’s going over all ground but it made me smile, plus a some of the poll options at the end feel relevant. :)

http://www.thehappymoaner.com/2018/09/the-reason-why-middlesborough-fc.html?m=1

WARNING: if you’re a staunch defender of pulis don’t read it, as you’ll only call it ‘childish drivel’ or something similar.

Flint isn't terrible compared to a lot of defenders in this division, which is probably why he stood out at Bristol. But he's the worst of our 4 centre halves, and he's never in a million years a Premier League player

agree with this, but the largest part of why he stood out at Bristol was down to his abnormal rate of goals for a central defender and everone seemed to overlook the more relevant fact that he was culpable (as part of a flaky defence)for a fair amount of poor goals they conceded at the other end.

hes extremely limited when the ball is on the deck.

also ...i seem to remember a few posters on here clambouring for his signiture prior to us getting him.

Like the fraudster he's been proven to be!