oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Sheff utd was ok. Did you go to elland rd, or watch on tv. Pretty decent there.

The Sheff Utd game was a good performance, well the first 30 mins or so was and then nothing much happened but the game was already won of course.  The Leeds game I watched on the box, we stifled them by playing 5-4-1.  Job done in getting a point but I wouldn't call it much more than that.  Both of those games were months ago though, I don't think we've looked like repeating that Sheff Utd performance in any other game this season have we?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Think most people (in here) will be happy if we draw tomorrow

Of course they would. All supporters of bang average sides would be happy to draw with a decent team in the league. The fact that no west Brom fan would be happy with a draw tells us where we are.

depending on how the much plan out I think they could be happy with a point aswell. But its always tougher to settle for a point when you play at home. But it also depends on what happens around you

When we went up with Karanka we draw the last 4 games, as we went up anyway we where pretty happy with that ;)

The first 42 games put us in a position where we could afford to draw the last 4.

I don't care what happens around us. We are still in the top 5 because the rest of the league is dross too (1 team on or above 2 points per game). Any normal season and we would potentially be around 4 or 5 positions below our current position and TP would have even more anger being vented by the fans. Lack of entertainment AND lack of promotion chance would have pretty much all fans turned. In fact, the one thing pulis lovers keep mentioning is our healthy league position. I haven't heard anyone mention any other good attribute

If you are in the like to get promoted camp league position is a bit important Tudders

So look on the bright side.....Its a ***e league this season.

Sheff utd was ok. Did you go to elland rd, or watch on tv. Pretty decent there.

The Sheff Utd game was a good performance, well the first 30 mins or so was and then nothing much happened but the game was already won of course.  The Leeds game I watched on the box, we stifled them by playing 5-4-1.  Job done in getting a point but I wouldn't call it much more than that.  Both of those games were months ago though, I don't think we've looked like repeating that Sheff Utd performance in any other game this season have we?

Leeds away we should have won

we have had some decent spells in some games, but also been realy poor

we are very hard to beat though, even when we go 1 down, so thats a good thing, specialy when the leauge is tight. Normally drawing is not very good in the long run, but this season its pretty ok to draw as its so damn tight

Of course they would. All supporters of bang average sides would be happy to draw with a decent team in the league. The fact that no west Brom fan would be happy with a draw tells us where we are.

depending on how the much plan out I think they could be happy with a point aswell. But its always tougher to settle for a point when you play at home. But it also depends on what happens around you

When we went up with Karanka we draw the last 4 games, as we went up anyway we where pretty happy with that ;)

The first 42 games put us in a position where we could afford to draw the last 4.

I don't care what happens around us. We are still in the top 5 because the rest of the league is dross too (1 team on or above 2 points per game). Any normal season and we would potentially be around 4 or 5 positions below our current position and TP would have even more anger being vented by the fans. Lack of entertainment AND lack of promotion chance would have pretty much all fans turned. In fact, the one thing pulis lovers keep mentioning is our healthy league position. I haven't heard anyone mention any other good attribute

If you are in the like to get promoted camp league position is a bit important Tudders

So look on the bright side.....Its a *** league this season.

To be fair it is a 5hit league every season. There are usually only 2 or 3 teams that look ok. This season I give you is a bit 5hitter as theres only Leeds (that hurt) that look decent.

Tapout your whole argument is so very flawed. You're talking about games against top teams that happened months ago. We've looked terrible since then and struggled against teams a lot worse than us (I don't think anyone would argue with that). So how can you think we're suddenly going to find the form we had 3 months ago just because were playing better teams than the ones we've played recently? It's bizarre thinking.

Simple fact we draw far too many games and never going on to win a game after conceding first is awful.

We see effort at time to level the score but it is not sustained once we do so.

Derby away was nearly different

Tapout your whole argument is so very flawed. You're talking about games against top teams that happened months ago. We've looked terrible since then and struggled against teams a lot worse than us (I don't think anyone would argue with that). So how can you think we're suddenly going to find the form we had 3 months ago just because were playing better teams than the ones we've played recently? It's bizarre thinking.

well I think our style is better against good teams. We cant for our lives be the creative team and go and win matches that way. The games where the other team allow us to have 60% of the ball is the games that we are terrible in and when people rather watch paint dry. That is usualy happens at home against teams that come to Riverside happy with a point.

We are a much better football team if we have around 35-40% of the ball, even if we dont counter with style we are still much better the less ball we have ;)

Credit to pulis today for doing a McLaren and going more attacking than he is used to/comfortable with when needed.

It seems fairly clear he is here for the rest of the season at least now.

Hopefully he can stop needing to be reactive (as he was today) and can become proactive in trying to win games rather than not lose them.

More of the last 30 mins today with some attacking football and forward thinking players on the pitch and you never know, some of us might be able to live with the football.

Right o

Credit to pulis today for doing a McLaren and going more attacking than he is used to/comfortable with when needed.

Hopefully he can stop needing to be reactive (as he was today) and can become proactive in trying to win games rather than not lose them.

More of the last 30 mins today with some attacking football and forward thinking players on the pitch and you never know, some of us might be able to live with the football.

Interestingly he stated post match he was actually looking to get Britt on before we went 2-1 down.

Difficult to know if that's just lip service or not, but he says he saw they were giving us more spaces to attack in that second half so was trying to be proactive and it was just bad timing to concede then.

Interestingly he stated post match he was actually looking to get Britt on before we went 2-1 down.

Difficult to know if that's just lip service or not, but he says he saw they were giving us more spaces to attack in that second half so was trying to be proactive and it was just bad timing to concede then.

Accepting that I'm a cynical *** but that could well be one of the Pulis 'half-truths'.  So he may well have been looking to get Assombalonga on but the bit he possibly leaves out is that it would have been a swap with Hugill.  He's still told the truth of course but it's not quite as it appears.  I'm not saying this is what was happening before it sounds like I'm having a dig about today.  It's just that I think Pulis has a way of telling the truth but not the whole truth when it suits him in some situations.  Like players who don't want to be here but not mentioning that he himself is the reason they don't want to be here.  It may be true but it's not the whole story.

Accepting that I'm a cynical *** but that could well be one of the Pulis 'half-truths'.  So he may well have been looking to get Assombalonga on but the bit he possibly leaves out is that it would have been a swap with Hugill.  He's still told the truth of course but it's not quite as it appears.  I'm not saying this is what was happening before it sounds like I'm having a dig about today.  It's just that I think Pulis has a way of telling the truth but not the whole truth when it suits him in some situations.  Like players who don't want to be here but not mentioning that he himself is the reason they don't want to be here.  It may be true but it's not the whole story.

Like claiming the reason he quit palace was that he had a heated training ground row with his players even though it was later proven that he wasn’t at the training ground that day and was in fact at the hairdressers? That kind of half truth?

Like claiming the reason he quit palace was that he had a heated training ground row with his players even though it was later proven that he wasn’t at the training ground that day and was in fact at the hairdressers? That kind of half truth?

I looked over at the bench when they scored their second and Britt was already stripped off stood next to Pulis so he was definitely planning to bring him on before they scored. But, as CT said, it was probably a straight swap for Hugill and not to go two up top.

The hairdressers:)

The hairdressers:)

How long does it take him to get a haircut?