oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I've give up on the club moving forwards at the moment regardless of who's in the dugout.

Just a glory supporter you, I always suspected that was the case  :P

Do we have any two fingered emojis?!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

He’s working with a squad that cost over 70 million, if he can’t get this squad promoted there are plenty of managers who can.

He also let our best striker go to a promotion rival and replaced him with someone who hadn’t played in 6 months. And he wonders why we’re struggling

He’s working with a squad that cost over 70 million, if he can’t get this squad promoted there are plenty of managers who can.

He also let our best striker go to a promotion rival and replaced him with someone who hadn’t played in 6 months. And he wonders why we’re struggling

Not sure the pricetag of the players says much of the players ability

Fletcher was bought for 7 million. I guess you rate him as 10 time better than Dack just because of that then?

Monk dident do better with basicaly the same team. Its a *** team no matter what their pricetag says.

:)

Boro fans quickly turning into Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland fans calling for the head of the manager after a few bad results. - Quite Simply embarrassing!

Please name me a better manager who would be interested in our current team with the likes of Downing, Shotton and Friend, who would do a better job?

Slaviša Jokanović

Doubt it. he dont have the attacking force necessary for his type of football.....

Boro fans quickly turning into Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland fans calling for the head of the manager after a few bad results. - Quite Simply embarrassing!

Please name me a better manager who would be interested in our current team with the likes of Downing, Shotton and Friend, who would do a better job?

Slaviša Jokanović

Doubt it. he dont have the attacking force necessary for his type of football.....

You could be right. But I think this season is more or less a write off so may as well get someone in early so he can start to imprint his style on the players that he will want to keep next year. And who knows with One or two smart signings this season could yet be salvaged with a more positive manager.

If we are talking about a new Manager being appointed then I feel we should go directly to Gary Neville for various reasons.

I accept that it would be seen as somewhat an experiment due to his brief voyage into managing a club himself but going to Spain for a first time I believe was not the best choice for him.

The man talks a bloody good talk about football and his knowledge is clearly there to be seen and well you could not argue with the fact that he was a great player in his position for both club and country.

The interest in MFC would increase from the whole UK football world both players and other Managers.

Neville himself I am certain would (if he wants to go that way in his career) would relish the chance of Managing a club that has aspirations of it's own and has a great fan base and a Chairman that has always supported and backed his Managers)

I believe that a greater percentage of fans would be ok with the appointment and would actually like to see the man given his "wings" in Management and that he is available now. Sure Sky would be ok with him leaving his pundit position.

MFC to other players might become more attractive a place to consider joining.

Neville I believe could and mostly due to his knowledge turn our players around and get the best out of them both personally but more positionally and gain respect for what he will try and do because as a player he has ben there and done it.

We would be a more attacking unit but very clever in defence.

I rest my case but realise that it is only a pipe dream and an experiment that will never be investigated.

If we are talking about a new Manager being appointed then I feel we should go directly to Gary Neville for various reasons.

I accept that it would be seen as somewhat an experiment due to his brief voyage into managing a club himself but going to Spain for a first time I believe was not the best choice for him.

The man talks a bloody good talk about football and his knowledge is clearly there to be seen and well you could not argue with the fact that he was a great player in his position for both club and country.

The interest in MFC would increase from the whole UK football world both players and other Managers.

Neville himself I am certain would (if he wants to go that way in his career) would relish the chance of Managing a club that has aspirations of it's own and has a great fan base and a Chairman that has always supported and backed his Managers)

I believe that a greater percentage of fans would be ok with the appointment and would actually like to see the man given his "wings" in Management and that he is available now. Sure Sky would be ok with him leaving his pundit position.

MFC to other players might become more attractive a place to consider joining.

Neville I believe could and mostly due to his knowledge turn our players around and get the best out of them both personally but more positionally and gain respect for what he will try and do because as a player he has ben there and done it.

We would be a more attacking unit but very clever in defence.

I rest my case but realise that it is only a pipe dream and an experiment that will never be investigated.

I don't think that's a bad shout, saying that I get the impression that Neville loves his tv work and I'm not sure whether he'd want to leave his job on sky.

As I mentioned Duvel if it is never investigated we will never know, if questions are asked then answers are known.

Personally I think you could be right BUT given an opportunity like we could provide would be very. very tempting to any ex player after all we do seem to be grooming Woodgate

As I mentioned Duvel if it is never investigated we will never know, if questions are asked then answers are known.

Personally I think you could be right BUT given an opportunity like we could provide would be very. very tempting to any ex player after all we do seem to be grooming Woodgate

And if the teacher is Pulis don't expect an exciting team under Woodgate.

He looks to be yet another defensive manager in the making just like the rest.

Remind me somebody who was our last attack minded manager its been so long,I think it may have been Robson and before him Rioch.

We certainly have suffered over the years haven't we..   :(

With regards to my earlier post and suggestion can I ask what other forum members feel about it and there is a reason behind my asking.

There could be a real opportunity for fans influence at MFC to begin.

We all know that TP has not indicated an extension on his contract and there will be life without him at some point.

If SG is already aware that an appointment would be favourable with fans of the club then we are all in it together and have only ourselves to blame if it goes tits up (you know what I am referring to).

If anyone from fmttm is reading this could they copy and post my original comments about Neville onto the forum and sound out how their forum members feel about investigating and considering an appointment of Gary Neville.

@ Duvel one can only ask!

Another thing to consider is that his brother Phil has seemingly done a very good job with the Ladies England team and is getting great plaudits from everywhere, so it could be a real chance to show just what he is worth.

Ok guys and gals it is just my personal choice but this forum is for sharing is it not?

I think the brief attached to a new manager will mould the shortlist of candidates to a degree. Gary Neville was a defender, and therefore defensive duties would probably be his greatest strength/area of focus as a manager. On the other hand, Jokanovic was a midfielder, which could partly explain the more creative style of football his teams play.

Despite recent wobbles, I think our defence is still the strongest aspect of our squad. If we're looking for a change of direction after the Pulis era (and I suspect we will be), Neville might not be right, despite his obvious qualities.