• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Braithwaite will be out the door.

I won't mind. Even though he is Danish, I can't find any excuses for his lack of performance recently.

As a Dane it is a little sad, that the best Danish player ever in Boro has been freaking Mikkel Beck :D

Viktor Fischer the worst.

I won't mind. Even though he is Danish, I can't find any excuses for his lack of performance recently.

As a Dane it is a little sad, that the best Danish player ever in Boro has been freaking Mikkel Beck :D

Viktor Fischer the worst.

It's not an excuse as such but I think it comes down to the 'fact' that he doesn't want to play this type of football for this manager.  He obviously wanted out in the summer and we were obviously willing to let him go but we couldn't get our own business done so he had to stay.

I actually quite like him, I think he's a decent player but he's wasted in this team really.  If he's not going to be used and he's not all that happy then it would be better for both parties if he left.

He should be the main one worrying tbf, 2 goals and 1 assist for one of the front 3 and responsible for the majority of set pieces is pathetic. He won't be though, as hes perfect for Pulis's approach to games.

He should be the main one worrying tbf, 2 goals and 1 assist for one of the front 3 and responsible for the majority of set pieces is pathetic. He won't be though, as hes perfect for Pulis's approach to games.

Another bad pulis signing

I reckon Braithwaite will be out the door.

I don't see how we can keep him. He doesn't want to be here and isn't playing like someone who does.

totally agree, he should be put out of his misery and us too as a result , With reference to the Downing article , not for the first time have i read his quotes and immeadiately thought ...well youre one to talk.  he says we cant rest on our laurels....which pretty much describes his performances in the first two years after his return ,,,,after Gestede and MB he should be the next to be weened out of the side , i would have been happy enough to overlook his negative attributes if we benefitted from the positives to his game but they are not there  these days in areas that affect us offensively.

Downing should have been dropped into the midfield 3 when we came back down from the prem. Hes been spent as a attacking force for years.

I agree downing needs replacing but that down to our recruitment department not pulis. If we take downing out of the side who do we play out wide?

Downing should have been dropped into the midfield 3 when we came back down from the prem. Hes been spent as a attacking force for years.

I agree downing needs replacing but that down to our recruitment department not pulis. If we take downing out of the side who do we play out wide?

It's at least in part down to Pulis. Given how he talks about Downing and how he'd like 11 of him, why would the recruitment team even look for a player in his position?

I'd say its down to both tbh. I'd personally have Tav and Braithwaite in ahead of Downing but its true we aren't exactly blessed with options. 

Or we could adapt and play something that doesn't require them (like when we had the best performances of the season with Braithwaite much closer to Britt) but our manager doesn't like adapting.

I'd say its down to both tbh. I'd personally have Tav and Braithwaite in ahead of Downing but its true we aren't exactly blessed with options. 

Or we could adapt and play something that doesn't require them (like when we had the best performances of the season with Braithwaite much closer to Britt) but our manager doesn't like adapting.

Downing was also in that team.

I’d play tav instead of downing but at the moment braithwaite is playing worse than downing and tav is covering him.

If downing had been dropped for tav at the start of the season we would of still been in the same boat now because you have already said yourself that tav should be playing has one of the midfield 3.

The club have failed to bring in the players required to replace downing for the last 3 year well before pulis

Hand on heart I can honestly say that we are all going to be totally fed up with the next window due to lack of activity.

Some will go like Braithwaite and maybe Fletcher but we will be left with the likes of Gestede and all of our current midfield as I do not see anyone clambering to take them off our hands.

In comings if any will attract comments such as "we do not need players like this"

Improving our squad sadly not this window!