oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Honestly a new striker would be so far down my list we have about 5 and we're nearly 30 million in the hole on them he got Hugill that he was cheering for all summer because apparently locals better. If we signed a Perica or whatever on a fee the chances we sell Gestede/Fletcher are so small so we'd end up loaning them out if we let Braithwaite go would a striker even be who'd replace him it'd more likely be a winger.

Our recruitment's always some 12 dimensional chess that stupid people like me just don't understand so maybe a striker will be top of the list.

its not the striker that are the problem. its the total lack of thrust and pce from everyone in the whole team with george friend being the exception. he is slow but the only one who drives forward ever. we need direct strong lads across the park.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had 2 good Pulis type direct tricky wingers I think we'd actually have the best starting XI in the Championship. We have a solid back 5, a very good midfield 3 and plenty of striking options.

We are just completely incapable of producing something from nothing or a piece of individual magic ala Traore last season.

If we had 2 good Pulis type direct tricky wingers I think we'd actually have the best starting XI in the Championship. We have a solid back 5, a very good midfield 3 and plenty of striking options.

We are just completely incapable of producing something from nothing or a piece of individual magic ala Traore last season.

Where do these so-called tricky wingers fit into our team though...? If we signed two new wingers do you feel Pulis would actually let them be wingers? Because I'm not so sure.... I think we would see exactly what we do now with one up front and miles of empty space around.

A front three of Braithwaite - Fletcher/Britt - Tavernier is plenty quick and skilful enough to beat most Championship defences - where is the need to sign yet more players. We just need a coach to have the guts to make a team worry about us for once and trust that the defence and midfield can defend well enough without sacrificing the forwards to be used as auxiliary wing backs.

I couldn't agree more SouthernSmoggie..

I think we already have the players, ok 1 or 2 will go so need to bring in replacements, but in the main the players are pretty good, its the way and systems they're being asked to play - they don't seem like it nor, have any freedom and it always seems to be safety first and everyone behind the ball... except Hugill.

Because of that I also think Pulis struggles to sign players anyone with a bit of spark about them doesn't want to play to his system nor for him. Sort the style, system and manager out then start looking for transfer targets.

If you are a pacy winger, does playing for pulis excite you? I think we will really struggle to attract that type of player.

Even if we can it is likely to be a player out of a team lackimg match fitness needing 7 or 8 games to bed in.

If you are a pacy winger, does playing for pulis excite you?  I think we will really struggle to attract that type of player.

Even if we can it is likely to be a player out of a team lackimg match fitness needing 7 or 8 games to bed in.

well so far he is the only one who got both Adama Traore and Bolasie look good :-P

We have a bang average at best midfield, that creates nothing and struggles against other teams midfielders that have pace and skill.

If you are a pacy winger, does playing for pulis excite you?  I think we will really struggle to attract that type of player.

well so far he is the only one who got both Adama Traore and Bolasie look good :-P

and bolasie chose not to come play for him.

I'd be over the moon with maddison from Peterborough. I think that's about the best we could attract.

and bolasie chose not to come play for him.

I'd be over the moon with maddison from Peterborough. I think that's about the best we could attract.

Think bolasie was more down to the fact that Gibson dident want to pay 70K a week for a player that is unfit....

He claims we were after Abraham too and he didn't come because of the location. While that is a factor im pretty convinced it's because we have Pulis in charge. Who would wanna play for this diosaur.

thats just your opinion and likely is a load of rubbish. 

you only come up with that because you dont like pulis. that sort of comment would fit in nice on facebook.

i can see it now one woman bitching about another woman making stuff up because they dont like them.  :cheese:

The players would come if we paid them enough. We're one of those clubs that are too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League, and I think we're a reasonable draw despite the current turgid brand of football. We can tempt players with Rockliffe, the chairman, the stadium and our Noughties history, and we're not exactly miserly when it comes to wages.

The problem is, we could sign loads of AMs and wingers, but they'd end up in their own half. Ten behind the ball is becoming the Middlesbrough Way. It was the same in the PL with Negredo chasing his own knock-downs, and we still haven't learned the lessons from that debacle.

He claims we were after Abraham too and he didn't come because of the location. While that is a factor im pretty convinced it's because we have Pulis in charge. Who would wanna play for this diosaur.

ahh so both Bolasie and Tammy choose Bruce rather than Pulis and that was all about it? ;)

Yeah right.....

ahh so both Bolasie and Tammy choose Bruce rather than Pulis and that was all about it? ;)

Yeah right.....

They chose Villa because they're the biggest club in the Championship.