oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I found this interesting, not genuine transfer information but I searched Traore on Twitter to see if I could find anyone else talking about this. Traore's NYE post referenced both us and Wolves. I can't say I've seen a player of his ilk, with a fairly tentative connection to English football as it is, refer to an old club 4-5 months after leaving them. Not that I'm saying it does mean anything but I find it kind of interesting that a player would ever mention a club they don't play for anymore on social media. I'd expect this from Ben Gibson, not Adama Traore:

He played for us in 2018, so he's thanking us for his good 2018 I think, that's all.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Callum Elder (Leicester LB) joins Ipswich on loan setting up Knudsen's imminent exit surely?

I hope he has more luck than most of Katie's other kids  :upside_down:

That will go right over the heads of the youngsters :)

Yup

I found this interesting, not genuine transfer information but I searched Traore on Twitter to see if I could find anyone else talking about this. Traore's NYE post referenced both us and Wolves. I can't say I've seen a player of his ilk, with a fairly tentative connection to English football as it is, refer to an old club 4-5 months after leaving them. Not that I'm saying it does mean anything but I find it kind of interesting that a player would ever mention a club they don't play for anymore on social media. I'd expect this from Ben Gibson, not Adama Traore:

He played for us in 2018, so he's thanking us for his good 2018 I think, that's all.

I still don't think it's a particularly common thing for a player to do though but I might be wrong.

If 4-3-3 is the goal:

GK - Randolph / Dimi

RB - Shotton / McNair

CB - Fry / Ayala

CB - Flint / Batth

LB - Knudsen / Friend

CM - Howson / Wing

CM - Besic / Clayton

CM - Saville / Leadbitter

RW - Traore / Downing

ST - Hugill / Maja

LW - VLP / Tavernier

Looks a decent and mobile squad with depth. That's assuming the other 3 targets linked thus far - Knudsen, Traore & Maja are correct. Can't say I'd be too convinced about having a forward line entirely of loan players though...

Even if Traore was a pipe dream, Maja as a RF off Hugill would be a good option.

Assombalonga and Gestede to leave? Ideally Downing and Leadbitter would be replaced, but beggers can't be choosers.

Britt out for Maja might be alright, you'd have to think we'd make a loss on Britt but make something between the 2 deals themselves. I'm not sure how interested we are in Maja though, haven't seen anything properly linking us? To be honest, I wonder if he'd rather sign the proposed contract than join us right now to play 2nd fiddle to Hugill.

There's his bezzer at Swansea who hasn't had a look in for ages too, Joel Asoro. Not that it sounds particularly great to be looking at a player who can't get a game for a team worse off than we are right now but it's worth noting Spurs were also looking at him.

I heard about Traore about a week before Christmas guys, it definitely has legs.

CT you can say what you want in that snarky tone as usual, but if Wolves knew what they were buying they'd be playing a formation that suits him considering they spent £18mil on him.

I heard about Traore about a week before Christmas guys, it definitely has legs.

CT you can say what you want in that snarky tone as usual, but if Wolves knew what they were buying they'd be playing a formation that suits him considering they spent £18mil on him.

Err yeah that was my point  :masked:

Then why did it read like you were contradicting me?

Then why did it read like you were contradicting me?

People see what they want to see my friend   :disappointed: :( :crying:

I think it goes without saying that we're going to be interested in Traore. Whether it happens will depend upon whether Wolves want to let him be loaned out and also, if they are open to him leaving, then what Wolves want for him.

I hope that we don't wait around for Traore without any sensible timeframe only to miss out on other high quality players such as Oliver Burke, and end up being able to get in a winger that's better than we currently have. If we do then we'll probably try justify us messing up by blaming agents again for wanting to much at the end of the transfer window when they can sense our desperation ala Adomah. Our biggest failing in other transfer windows has been to hold out of players like Bolasie, Bojan, Delofeu etc only to miss out on them. I hope we've learned from them failings as it's a very high risk strategy.

Let's be honest. The Championship is Traore's level right now. Without the guidance of a top coach like Pep or Klopp - who'd work with him in training, remove the limelight, and concentrate purely on the football - I can't ever see him realising his full potential.

A potentially exciting, but ultimately mediocre Premiership career is what he's currently working towards.

Let's be honest. The Championship is Traore's level right now. Without the guidance of a top coach like Pep or Klopp - who'd work with him in training, remove the limelight, and concentrate purely on the football - I can't ever see him realising his full potential.

A potentially exciting, but ultimately mediocre Premiership career is what he's currently working towards.

Isn’t that what we are all working towards ?