oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Looks like braithwaite gone on loan so that’s why we are only looking to loan a sticker. We can’t buy another sticker and be stuck with braithwaite too next season

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is since Leganes are 16th in the table they probably don't want an option or obligation to buy that they might have wanted in the summer, you know before they were 16th in the table when they had dreams of top 10, especially knowing the wages they'd be taking on in a permanent move.

It's probably like Besic where if we go up we all know the price but if we don't then sayonara wouldn't read to much into it 'only' being a loan to be honest I don't think we'll see him again. The 'no money' shtick from Nixon I mean we just shelled out quite a chunk on VLP I'd imagine we not only have an option to buy set at probably north of 5 million but he's had his promotion wage bump handed out so he's probably on at least 35/40 a week.

It sounds crazy to say we need a striker when we have like 35 millions worth lying around technically but yeah still feels like we need to sort that out but my guess we won't sort that out unless we get rid of Britt somehow. I know it's been said before as well but it's the 3rd of January why hasn't Saville's move been completed or is it some kind of book keeping move to not activate the obligation until the latest possible date in this window?

Would anyone take Vincent Janssen ? His names been popping up recently, I think he'd be a good option, fits the bill for our system.

Hes been crocked for ages.

He's fit again now, back at Spurs this month.

My guess is since Leganes are 16th in the table they probably don't want an option or obligation to buy that they might have wanted in the summer, you know before they were 16th in the table when they had dreams of top 10, especially knowing the wages they'd be taking on in a permanent move.

It's probably like Besic where if we go up we all know the price but if we don't then sayonara wouldn't read to much into it 'only' being a loan to be honest I don't think we'll see him again. The 'no money' shtick from Nixon I mean we just shelled out quite a chunk on VLP I'd imagine we not only have an option to buy set at probably north of 5 million but he's had his promotion wage bump handed out so he's probably on at least 35/40 a week.

It sounds crazy to say we need a striker when we have like 35 millions worth lying around technically but yeah still feels like we need to sort that out but my guess we won't sort that out unless we get rid of Britt somehow. I know it's been said before as well but it's the 3rd of January why hasn't Saville's move been completed or is it some kind of book keeping move to not activate the obligation until the latest possible date in this window?

This sounds like an awful lot of conjecture? Do you have any proof of this. I really doubt that Huddersfield are paying a reserve player 35-40k a week. And we haven't shelled out quite a chunk yet to just loan him. I'd imagine the loan fee to be fairly small.

This sounds like an awful lot of conjecture? Do you have any proof of this. I really doubt that Huddersfield are paying a reserve player 35-40k a week. And we haven't shelled out quite a chunk yet to just loan him. I'd imagine the loan fee to be fairly small.

Thought he was in his last 6 months. Could be wrong but if he is that'll make it a free in the summer if we sign him

A RESERVE player?!?!

He's made 74 league appearances in 2 and a half years!

I didn't pluck it out of the air in the summer the future fee on offer was said to be I think it was 7 and there was a lot of debate in the summer transfer thread about whether it was worth it 'half the Bolasie price'/'tightening budget'/'panic buy' etc but I mean do you think in the position Hudds are in they've lowered their financial demands that were only enough in the summer to start a conversation about a transfer? I'm sceptical we've gotten much better terms than in the summer.

The wages I'll grant is a little bit of guesswork but a player in his position coming from Wolves like he did probably was on 20k when they signed him summer of 2016 they then get promoted and like every player in the league he'd have a promotion clause they satisfied no doubt pushing him over 30k at least.

The stories about us signing him have us with an option to make it permanent my guess is like 80% of Championship players on 2/3 year contracts he has an extra year option on the clubs side that they'll activate which is why you don't hear about this being a convoluted free transfer.

This genuinely wasn't written with snark hope it doesn't come across that way to anyone just backing up why I think the La Parra situation is probably about the same as it was in the summer in regards to the finances.

Edit- I found the proof you seek on his contract situation it is as I suspected it was https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46724487

"Rajiv van La Parra's contract at Huddersfield runs until the summer of 2020, with the club having an option on a further season"

I wondered why there wasn't much fanfare on VLP we've essentially bought him for 6-7 million pounds I can't imagine Hudds letting things go through so smoothly and early if they ever expect him back at the club plus there's rumours of a big December bust up between him and Wagner.

If this is the squad at the end of January I would be very happy indeed. Strong bench that can rotate in when needed.

--------------Randolph------------

Shotton--Ayala--Fry--Knudsen

---Howson--Clayton--Saville---

------Traore--Hugill--VLP--------

Bench: Dimi, George, Flint, Tav, Wing, McNair, Fletcher

Besic, Britt, Gestede, Braithwaite, Downing, and Leadbitter all surplus to requirements and off the wage bill.

Ipswich want Rudy and Grant, plus we're interested in Grosicki and Bowen from Hull

https://www.teamtalk.com/?p=1713002

"Ipswich are hoping to broker a double deal with Middlesbrough to land Rudy Gestede and their former midfielder Grant Leadbitter, we can reveal.

Both Gestede and Leadbitter are surplus to Tony Pulis’ requirements, and Paul Lambert would happily take them both – but they are hoping Boro would loan the two.

However, Boro do have a long-standing interesting in Town full-back Jonas Knudsen and a deal involving him going to The Riverside has also been discussed.

Boro are looking to move on a number of the players and are trying to use them in deals to land other players.

Britt Assombalonga TEAMtalk

They have offered Britt Assombalonga to Crystal Palace in a possible deal for Connor Wickham, whilst Ashley Fletcher has been discussed at Hull City in the hope they could land either Kamil Grosicki or Jarrod Bowen."

Ipswich want Rudy and Grant, plus we're interested in Grosicki and Bowen from Hull

https://www.teamtalk.com/?p=1713002

"Ipswich are hoping to broker a double deal with Middlesbrough to land Rudy Gestede and their former midfielder Grant Leadbitter, we can reveal.

Both Gestede and Leadbitter are surplus to Tony Pulis’ requirements, and Paul Lambert would happily take them both – but they are hoping Boro would loan the two.

However, Boro do have a long-standing interesting in Town full-back Jonas Knudsen and a deal involving him going to The Riverside has also been discussed.

Boro are looking to move on a number of the players and are trying to use them in deals to land other players.

Britt Assombalonga TEAMtalk

They have offered Britt Assombalonga to Crystal Palace in a possible deal for Connor Wickham, whilst Ashley Fletcher has been discussed at Hull City in the hope they could land either Kamil Grosicki or Jarrod Bowen."

Put teamtalk under the same bracket as hitc. Don't think they've ever got anything right.

I could live with Bowen on the right and VLP on the left. Bowen would certainly raise our attacking prowess. Would also happily send Fletcher in the other direction on loan. Would still like a better striker than Hugill up front, but beggers can't be choosers I guess.

If we can move Gestede and Grant on that would be amazing although I can't imagine Ipswich paying all their wages, but then again 50% would be a bonus.

Braithwaite, Gestede, FLetcher and Grant out, Knudsen, VLP and Bowen in would certainly strengthen us although it could be a risk to only have Britt and Hugill as senior strikers.

No way we'll get Bowen like, too good for us especially if we're skint

Suppose it depends on whether Hull are even more skint. I imagine we have some money to spend regardless of what Alan Nixon says, and investing in a young player like Bowen would make sense. Someone with some real sell on value. 11 goals and 3 assists from the right wing this season. That's the kind of player we should be spending out money on. And Hull might be tempted to rake in some cash if we can also sweaten then deal with loan player or two. Maybe even Fletcher in a cash + player deal.

Suppose it depends on whether Hull are even more skint. I imagine we have some money to spend regardless of what Alan Nixon says, and investing in a young player like Bowen would make sense. Someone with some real sell on value. 11 goals and 3 assists from the right wing this season. That's the kind of player we should be spending out money on. And Hull might be tempted to rake in some cash if we can also sweaten then deal with loan player or two. Maybe even Fletcher in a cash + player deal.

I wish we'd get him but there's serious prem interest and interest from Leeds. Sky sports yesterday said Spurs want him and could cost around 20 mill

I wish we'd get him but there's serious prem interest and interest from Leeds. Sky sports yesterday said Spurs want him and could cost around 20 mill

Maybe Ollie Watkins is an alternative to Bowen if Prem clubs are queuing up.