oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

It's a small world, apparently vlp is my nieces best friends uncle.

So does this officially make you ITK ;)

I asked if there were any other uncles we could have. My nephew plays for Amsterdam football club, which is a popular youth feeder club for Ajax (he's only 10 though)

Can your nephew play wide on the right or as a number 10?

He is a forward, plays an age group above his age and has a good goal record. Not sure if he has the commitment needed though

Sounds like another Ramirez.. no thank you.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this officially make you ITK ;)

I asked if there were any other uncles we could have. My nephew plays for Amsterdam football club, which is a popular youth feeder club for Ajax (he's only 10 though)

He is a forward, plays an age group above his age and has a good goal record. Not sure if he has the commitment needed though

He is a bit of a wimp, doesn't like it when I sweep his legs

I would happily move on any of our midfielders for a genuine number 10. Seeing as besic, Saville and Downing are unlikely and I want to keep Wing it leaves Howson and Clayton. Out of those two I think we’d have more interest Clayton.

He is a bit of a wimp, doesn't like it when I sweep his legs

Ha ha ha :)

I'd honestly consider letting Besic go back to Everton. I certainly wouldn't be chasing him in the summer at this rate. A shame as I think there's a player in there, just not really something we're seeing or something we drastically need.

I'm still baffled by the Saville signing, don't get me wrong as I do like him, it's just £7m for player that we already have in Howson, Besic, Wing and to an extent McNair.

We're so overloaded in central midfield it's criminal and as much as Sawyers is a very good player and a decent playmaker I just don't think we can justify signing him unless we move on atleast 2 of our current CMs

I'm still baffled by the Saville signing, don't get me wrong as I do like him, it's just £7m for player that we already have in Howson, Besic, Wing and to an extent McNair.

We're so overloaded in central midfield it's criminal and as much as Sawyers is a very good player and a decent playmaker I just don't think we can justify signing him unless we move on atleast 2 of our current CMs

listening to pulis Saville is a signing for the future. besic is a loan and Clayton and Howson are upper 20s.

he thinks Saville will captain the club.

listening to pulis Saville is a signing for the future. besic is a loan and Clayton and Howson are upper 20s.

he thinks Saville will captain the club.

I think Saville will be good for our club, I just think we have to many of the same player.

For me I'd like to see Saville replace Howson in the team, I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Besic, Wing and Saville but the only issue is weather Besic is disaplinned enough to play the holding role that Clayton does

I don't think he'll get as good a contract as we've probably given him so I don't think he will. We won't make much money on him other than getting him off the wage bill. I like Howson though, I think he's a pretty solid midfielder, bit jack of all trades but master of none but he puts the yards in and is one of the only midfielders who doesn't actually look that knackered at the end of matches where we've played with a high press, thought him and Wing were a good partnership early on.

I wouldn't sell Clayton unless it's for daft money that we could replace him with and then some, he's still got a few years left in him I think and I think certainly at this level, what he can do and does is invaluable. People still undervaluing him even in a team that sets up how we do makes me chuckle a bit. I wouldn't trust our recruitment team to find a good replacement for him either.

Besic played the Clayton role last home game and I thought he was far more effective. For me Clayton is the biggest problem we've had this season - slow, negative and limited. Even Leadbitter showed him how to play the role v Pbro.