oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Whilst we're well stocked on CM's I think having Cabaye for his set pieces alone would add a huge amount of goal threat from us. I'd love it to be him. If it's any of the other CM's named then I can't see much logic in it. If we sign a further CM then we're surely going to have to move on some CM's like Leadbitter or even trying to cancel Besic's loan.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been told another player too, this one currently plays in the Prem. Off the striker.

Similar to Tuncay.

Not sure how solid the info is that I've had but passing it on.

Interesting, sounds like the role of a Vydra type who plays just off to link the play but also run beyond if needed?

Okazaki?

I'd bloody love that.

Will be Mulumbu, wasn't he with Pulis at West brom. Could go down as the most pointless and weird signing in the clubs history. Not only another cm but a sh#te one at that.

If it is him it's not the first time we've tried to sign him. For anyone with a long enough memory we actually tried to sign Mulumbu when we got promoted because he'd just been relegated despite heavy interest we never got him and he stayed at Norwich for an extra year. If it's Mulumbu I kind of see the logic in it but Mulumbu's problem is the same as it was when Pulis pushed him out the door at WBA he gets injured too much.

Whilst we're well stocked on CM's I think having Cabaye for his set pieces alone would add a huge amount of goal threat from us. I'd love it to be him. If it's any of the other CM's named then I can't see much logic in it. If we sign a further CM then we're surely going to have to move on some CM's like Leadbitter or even trying to cancel Besic's loan.

That's a good point.. if it's a CM who can take set pieces then it makes a lot more sense.

That's a good point.. if it's a CM who can take set pieces then it makes a lot more sense.

All it will do is make sure Wing isn't seen again.

But we've got the best left foot in English football, set pieces shouldn't be our problem ............ should they?

Doesn't Mikel have a suspect Nigerian birth certificate, where his "real" age is probably closer to 40 ?

Na, thats one of those urban myths that perpetuates around every Nigerian footballer

Martins at Newcastle did look about 50 though .

I'm guessing one of Penaranda or Nkoudou for the player to play off the striker.

Nkoudou is a proper winger isn't he? And Penaranda is probably as far away as a Pulis player as you can get, looked great in that youth tournament a while back though.

All it will do is make sure Wing isn't seen again.

The role a holding midfielder such as Clayton (or someone like Cabaye) does in our system is completely different to the role that our more advanced midfielders such as Wing, Saville, Besic and Howson do as they generally play as box-to-box midfielders, so I think signing a holding midfielder will have virtually no difference to Wing's chances.