oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Leeds sign Kiko Casilla, if they can keep hold of Clarke and sign another winger/attacking midfielder no way they don't finish 1st for me

The new Tomas Meijas?

Better pedigree I fear

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds sign Kiko Casilla, if they can keep hold of Clarke and sign another winger/attacking midfielder no way they don't finish 1st for me

The new Tomas Meijas?

Alas not. Casilla is not a young up and comer with potential, he's a proven "top level" keeper. Somewhat ironically for a La Liga keeper, his aerial ability is his strongest attribute. He has played over 100 games for Espanyol and over 200 his career (including 43 for Real). Brilliant signing.

The new Tomas Meijas?

Alas not. Casilla is not a young up and comer with potential, he's a proven "top level" keeper. Somewhat ironically for a La Liga keeper, his aerial ability is his strongest attribute. He has played over 100 games for Espanyol and over 200 his career (including 43 for Real). Brilliant signing.

Only just over 200 in his career at 32 is pretty shocking for a goalkeeper tbf

The new Tomas Meijas?

Only just over 200 in his career at 32 is pretty shocking for a goalkeeper tbf

True. It's because he didn't break into Espanyol's first team until he was 27. Take what you want from that.

The market is completely dead. Has there been more than a handful of deals in the championship? Apart from Casilla and VLP I can’t think of any deals with any significance (outside the loans that turn permanent)

The market is completely dead. Has there been more than a handful of deals in the championship? Apart from Casilla and VLP I can’t think of any deals with any significance (outside the loans that turn permanent)

I'm sure it'll go crazy in the last 24 hours again!

I think this window and the last we're finally seeing the bubble burst, the prices have just become too unsustainable...

I dunno about that mate.  I think January tends to follow a fairly familiar pattern doesn't it?  You get some initial business where clubs don't want a player or a player doesn't want to be at a club and those deals have been sorted out prior to the window opening.  Then things quieten down a bit with just the odd bit of business and lots of speculation.  As we get nearer to the window closing things start to move again.

From our point of view, we've made a loan signing and also confirmed Saville on a permanent deal.  Braithwaite went out and a few of other bits of pieces players have gone as well.  We've apparently had moves in the offing but we've pulled the plug on them and we've had the usual speculation about all sorts of players.  It feels like it's par for the course really, we're obviously still looking to sign more than one player and we're obviously still hoping to move more than one out but some of those deals will probably be linked to business other clubs are doing.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-in-talks-to-sign-premier-league-forward-on-loan-1-9542863

Linked in the past with Kebano, even before Fulham signed him, now looks like he's off to 16th in the table on loan.

giphy.gif

Said a couple of times I’d like to see us try for kebano, I’m hoping we’re not because we have better options lined up.

I think this window and the last we're finally seeing the bubble burst, the prices have just become too unsustainable...

I dunno about that mate.  I think January tends to follow a fairly familiar pattern doesn't it?  You get some initial business where clubs don't want a player or a player doesn't want to be at a club and those deals have been sorted out prior to the window opening.  Then things quieten down a bit with just the odd bit of business and lots of speculation.  As we get nearer to the window closing things start to move again.

From our point of view, we've made a loan signing and also confirmed Saville on a permanent deal.  Braithwaite went out and a few of other bits of pieces players have gone as well.  We've apparently had moves in the offing but we've pulled the plug on them and we've had the usual speculation about all sorts of players.  It feels like it's par for the course really, we're obviously still looking to sign more than one player and we're obviously still hoping to move more than one out but some of those deals will probably be linked to business other clubs are doing.

Yeah maybe you're right, just seems like teams are focusing more on loan deals compared to permanent ones. Thinking about last January with the Coutinho, Laporte, Aubameyang,  Van Dijk, Walcott, Barkley and Giroud deals.

They were all pretty high profile permanent moves, I know there's still time, but it just doesn't feel like anything like that will happen this window... biggest one I've seen that's  anything more than a rumour is Higuain to Chelsea.

Lazar Markovic seems to be a player who desperately needs a loan move that will give him game time to reignite his career. With us being desperate for another winger I'm pretty sure that he'll be somewhere on our list of RW options.

Away from home we can get away with playing central midfielders in wide positions but at home we're going to need far more creativity, pace and quality to break through teams who are happy to sit in and hold their shape.