oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Nixon was suggesting vokes is available and I think he was our #1 target in summer.

Would check out as the ‘experienced striker’

Weren't we trying to sign Chris Wood in the summer? That would be a more realistic link.

Good point, could be either of them I guess, not sure who gets more game time.

Chris Wood and Barnes get the most minutes I believe, scored the most and Chris Wood's market value is 3x that of Vokes'. Vokes played about 900 minutes and Vydra played about 200 odd in the league.

Ok fair enough, I thought Vokes was above Wood in the pecking order. Obviously not :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nixon was suggesting vokes is available and I think he was our #1 target in summer.

Would check out as the ‘experienced striker’

Weren't we trying to sign Chris Wood in the summer? That would be a more realistic link.

Good point, could be either of them I guess, not sure who gets more game time.

Chris Wood and Barnes get the most minutes I believe, scored the most and Chris Wood's market value is 3x that of Vokes'. Vokes played about 900 minutes and Vydra played about 200 odd in the league.

Ok fair enough, I thought Vokes was above Wood in the pecking order. Obviously not :)

Douche gave an interview on sky saying it was unlikely they could get anyone in, seeing as they hardly score for fun just cant see vokes going put vydra maybe?

When we were in the process of signing Assombalonga, Burnley were regularly touted by Sky Sports as them having an interest in him but they weren't willing to pay the level we did. Could there possibly be a trade on the cards?.

Vokes would undoubtedly be a far better suit for our system than Assombalonga. Even a loan swap until the end of the season might be beneficial to everyone. Since Burnley sold their last good quality pacey striker, Andre Gray, they've struggle to have that someone of that profile. Assombalonga would tick that box for them.

Forgot about vydra like, by far the most likely option if it’s a player from Burnley.

I have a feeling at least one of these young players is Robinson or Bowen, they fit the clues and things pulis looks for far to well for us to at least not be interested. Also with Robinson being out till March maybe that’s where VLP fits in? A short term loan to cover the period he’s out for?

Both young, have bags of potential, are ‘realising it’, could earn us a fortune, quick, creative and ‘northern’ or at least already settled up north, not sure where they are actually from.

Also Wonder if we’re still in for that Despadov as he fits a lot of the criteria other than being from north uk. I have a sneaky feeling he could be one of them Pulis ‘vetoed’. Could imagine an agent over there seeing interest from English clubs and getting £ signs in his eyes.

But if we finished the window with a front 3 of Robinson, vydra and Bowen/Despadov I’d be pretty happy.

So just had a txt from my pompey mate(please bear in mind it is just pub chucking out and he lives 3 doors from village boozer)

WBA Out for lowe, leeds gone quiet, 2 more top 8 champ clubs interested ;). Jackett insistent he is not sold and wants another winger, may go back for tavernier from ypur lot, especially since green recalled. Board support jackett but every player has a price, chuck us 4m amd I'll drop him off.

Not usualy a WUM but does like a thu/fri pint

I'm not sure how to interpret 'WBA out for Lowe'?. Does that mean they want to sign him?.

Yeah us having Tavernier to loan out as a bargaining chip could be very handy for us. If he's going to get first team football at a club towards the top of League One like Portsmouth then that could be a great move for him, especially if his first team opportunities are going to reduced with us already signing van La Parra and if the deal happens to sign Lowe. If Portsmouth also have an interest in Chapman then loaning them him could be an option too.

Forgot about vydra like, by far the most likely option if it’s a player from Burnley.

I have a feeling at least one of these young players is Robinson or Bowen, they fit the clues and things pulis looks for far to well for us to at least not be interested. Also with Robinson being out till March maybe that’s where VLP fits in? A short term loan to cover the period he’s out for?

Both young, have bags of potential, are ‘realising it’, could earn us a fortune, quick, creative and ‘northern’ or at least already settled up north, not sure where they are actually from.

Also Wonder if we’re still in for that Despadov as he fits a lot of the criteria other than being from north uk. I have a sneaky feeling he could be one of them Pulis ‘vetoed’. Could imagine an agent over there seeing interest from English clubs and getting £ signs in his eyes.

But if we finished the window with a front 3 of Robinson, vydra and Bowen/Despadov I’d be pretty happy.

If you are on about Callum Robinson, he is from my neck of the woods (Northampton). But he has been at Preston for a little while now, so could well fit the 'Northern' tag.

I think every club in the championship and some prem teams would be interested in Bowen, really doubt we have the money available to afford him although he's a dream signing

I'm not sure how to interpret 'WBA out for Lowe'?. Does that mean they want to sign him?.

Yeah us having Tavernier to loan out as a bargaining chip could be very handy for us. If he's going to get first team football at a club towards the top of League One like Portsmouth then that could be a great move for him, especially if his first team opportunities are going to reduced with us already signing van La Parra and if the deal happens to sign Lowe. If Portsmouth also have an interest in Chapman then loaning them him could be an option too.

I could see us loaning Chapman, but not Tavernier

Plus we have recently sold a player to Preston, which was also one of the clues iirc. But I can't see ud signing a player that is still out for a few months. Might not even have an impact on the season. I'm praying it's one of Watkins or Bowen however unlikely that is.

Tyrone Mings is available for loan with WBA in the hot seat apparently. Not seen too much of him lately but I always thought be was a decent full back (and can cover CB).  Wonder if we're looking at this.

23 games in 3,5 years. Huge gamble but probably a better backup option at LB to Friend than we currently have.

Ipswich have recieved no bids at all for Knudsen, so I guess we ended our interest. I think he would be a decent competition for Friend, although I also think we can do better, especially if we win promotion.

Why would we be interested in McTominay. Just another central midfielder that doesn't score or create. Granted this is me just going by his stats, but it's certainly not an area that needs strengthening.