oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I really don't think we should be even mentioning Bowen. If Hull let him leave (and that's a big if) it will be for a BIG fee and it won't be too a Championship rival. He has a number of Premier League suitors and we would be so far down the list if we could even put a financial deal together.

Pipe dreams.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think we should be even mentioning Bowen. If Hull let him leave (and that's a big if) it will be for a BIG fee and it won't be too a Championship rival. He has a number of Premier League suitors and we would be so far down the list if we could even put a financial deal together.

Pipe dreams.

Hull aren't exactly flush with cash. I think a lot depends on the player. If he sees a good opportunity and wants to leave then I think we could do a deal. Especially if they don't get any bids from Prem sides. Rumours of Prem interest hasn't exactly been overwhelming. Think I've only heard of the supposed Spurs interest. 10 million and Fletcher on loan might get them talking. Maybe throw in a sell on clause and a promotion bonus.

Pipe dreams.

Hull aren't exactly flush with cash. I think a lot depends on the player. If he sees a good opportunity and wants to leave then I think we could do a deal. Especially if they don't get any bids from Prem sides. Rumours of Prem interest hasn't exactly been overwhelming. Think I've only heard of the supposed Spurs interest. 10 million and Fletcher on loan might get them talking. Maybe throw in a sell on clause and a promotion bonus.

I really just don't see it happening. I'd love it. Just don't see it.

Spurs, Leicester & Palace have been linked with Bowen. Spurs seem quite serious about getting him So, yeah, I don't think there's much point discussing him as a Boro target.

Got to say, not been hugely inspired by any of the names being bandied about. Just more of the same.

Middlesbrough have weighed up a six-month loan move for Fulham outcast and Rangers target Kevin MacDonald with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer. (The Sun)

Can't remember if Alan Nixon and The Sun are usually reliable or unreliable for us, I hope the latter because although I'd love a player who's played less Premier League minutes than Clayton and is older and in a position we already are well stocked in I'd rather use his wages towards a decent wide player

Spurs, Leicester & Palace have been linked with Bowen. Spurs seem quite serious about getting him  So, yeah, I don't think there's much point discussing him as a Boro target.

Got to say, not been hugely inspired by any of the names being bandied about. Just more of the same.

Yet none have made a bid. Granted it could be going on behind the scenes, but it could just as well be his agent trying to drum up some interest.

Spurs, Leicester & Palace have been linked with Bowen. Spurs seem quite serious about getting him  So, yeah, I don't think there's much point discussing him as a Boro target.

Yet none have made a bid. Granted it could be going on behind the scenes, but it could just as well be his agent trying to drum up some interest.

Neither have we. And we haven't been seriously linked in the media. It's just a bunch of fans naming unrealistic targets on internet forums.

Latest is that Spurs are readying a formal offer after Harry Kane's injury.

Neither have we. And we haven't been seriously linked in the media. It's just a bunch of fans naming unrealistic targets on internet forums.

Yesterday Spurs were considering Origi as a replacement for Kane.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-s-bowen-to-spurs-pochettino-hadn-t-heard-his-name-until-wednesday-1-9519754

TOTTENHAM Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has ruled out making a January move for Hull City top-scorer Jarrod Bowen.

But dismissing any talk of a move for Spurs, Pochettino said: “I heard for the first time yesterday (Wednesday) this name. It is like many names that appear in the media – rumours. “Be careful because hundreds of players were related with the club and then never happened. I think my answer is so clear.

Middlesbrough have weighed up a six-month loan move for Fulham outcast and Rangers target Kevin MacDonald with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer. (The Sun)

Can't remember if Alan Nixon and The Sun are usually reliable or unreliable for us, I hope the latter because although I'd love a player who's played less Premier League minutes than Clayton and is older and in a position we already are well stocked in I'd rather use his wages towards a decent wide player

Well if playing with 4 CMs is Tony’s plan going forward then we’re going to need some reinforcements as we’ve only got 7 on the books!! :)

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-s-bowen-to-spurs-pochettino-hadn-t-heard-his-name-until-wednesday-1-9519754

TOTTENHAM Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has ruled out making a January move for Hull City top-scorer Jarrod Bowen.

But dismissing any talk of a move for Spurs, Pochettino said: “I heard for the first time yesterday (Wednesday) this name. It is like many names that appear in the media – rumours. “Be careful because hundreds of players were related with the club and then never happened. I think my answer is so clear.

Aye, read those quotes at the beginning of January. Reports still persist 2 weeks later though. As I said about Pulis - don't take everything managers say to the media as gospel.

Another feckin midfielder !

If we are after MacDonald, then I haven't the slightest bloody clue what the hell we're trying to achieve...

we already had one more than we needed, we'd need to be letting two go for it to make sense.