• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nixon said Mikel was over but we decided against it. Which seems to me we are looking at centre mids again.... God help us when Pulis leaves us with an even unbalanced squad than Monk did.

Not necessarily. Mikel wasn't really what we needed, but could potentially have been a far better option than what we currently do have there.

It's not like we missed out on John Obi Mikel so we're going to go for Charlie Adam instead.

I mean....I hope.

Nixon said Mikel was over but we decided against it. Which seems to me we are looking at centre mids again.... God help us when Pulis leaves us with an even unbalanced squad than Monk did.

Not necessarily. Mikel wasn't really what we needed, but could potentially have been a far better option than what we currently do have there.

It's not like we missed out on John Obi Mikel so we're going to go for Charlie Adam instead.

I mean....I hope.

He could of been better potentially i just don't understand what we are trying to achieve. We lack two decent attacking full backs, one winger now as we signed VLP and good competition for Britt , on the stream i was watching yesterday the commentator was saying Britt would get into every other championship teams line up.

I mean....I hope.

He could of been better potentially i just don't understand what we are trying to achieve. We lack two decent attacking full backs, one winger now as we signed VLP and good competition for Britt , on the stream i was watching yesterday the commentator was saying Britt would get into every other championship teams line up.

BUT.....would pulis get on any other championship sides bench? Because let's face it, that's what is keeping Britt on our bench. Not talent, not potential, not enthusiasm but a man who prefers a team that is "better without the ball" !!

I'd guess there are maybe 6 clubs in the championship that would prefer pulis to their manager, and they are all fighting relegation.

Edit...And to be fair to pulis I dont think Britt is suited to a team that plays like they are fighting relegation.

I mean....I hope.

Britt is pretty pointless in a team that creates next to no goalscoring chances. 

It's so damn frustrating because you know he'll start banging them in for whatever team he moves to... and we'll be sat here in a year saying 'just need to get a good Championship level goalscorer in to replace the donkeys Pulis signed.'

Nixon said Mikel was over but we decided against it. Which seems to me we are looking at centre mids again.... God help us when Pulis leaves us with an even more unbalanced squad than Monk did.

Damn agent fees again pay as you play agreed.

Nixon said Mikel was over but we decided against it. Which seems to me we are looking at centre mids again.... God help us when Pulis leaves us with an even more unbalanced squad than Monk did.

Man bloody agents. Anything else Raf? Do you know/think Pulis is here next season

John Obi Mikel is looking for a club but Boro won’t be signing him according the Sun.

“Mikel wants a return to England but has missed out on a move to Middlesbrough. Ex-Chelsea midfielder Mikel, 31, was at Boro after leaving China but boss Tony Pulis does not want him.”

Josh Maja has also interested Boro he's rejected a wage of £6,000 a week at Sunderland

Man bloody agents. Anything else Raf? Do you know/think Pulis is here next season

Not that I wanted Mikel, but it’s time Gibson grew up and accepted that agents are part of the modern game. Yes, we can all hate them but it is like trying to buy a house without an estate agent. If the buyer wants sell through one, then they are difficult to avoid. Agents are there to represent the players and (judging by the wages they are on) are generally doing a reasonable job for their clients. It’s not surprising that most players trust their agents and are ok with them demanding a fee. Yes, they can unsettle players but it’s the player’s responsibility to choose to move or not, or play or not (Braithwaite!). If Gibson wants something done then lobby the football league and coordinate with other chairmen, don’t hobble the club in the transfer market just because he has a point to prove!

Part of me hopes Gibson throws away the coffin, swallows the key, and suffers from acute constipation. Oh, and - of course - all laxatives are sold out.

I cannot see why Pulis should be allowed to sign more players that are almost only suitable for his style of play. Why would we actively sign players that automatically become deadwood the minute Pulis puts his ancient mummified hands on another unfortunate club badge?

I hardly watch us anymore. I don't need my hair any thinner than it already is.