oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

On the subject of right backs I can't believe there isn't an available right back out there who can do a better job than Shotton, Fry or potentially Mikel.

Sam Byram was aavailable in the summer but we chose to go with Shotton instead. I just think Pulis prefers centre backs at right, it's all about percentages.

I mentioned Brightons Ezequiel Schelotto earlier as Brighton want to send him out on loan. Plenty of experience and adds something going forward. Probably a bit too offensive for Pulis' liking though.

I haven't seen much of him but I'm sure there are loads of actual right backs like that who would be available. To be honest I think Pulis is happy with Shotton/ Fry there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually disappointed we didn't swap Britt for Gary Madine, it would have been a great read on here for a couple of days :)

Maybe he's our new right back, which could only mean one thing....

Dael Fry is the new number 10.

:)  You're better at this than me  :)

It must be your negative influence rubbing off on everyone else ;)

I'm still hoping that we are trying to convince Hull to do a deal regarding Bowen by using fletcher as a sweetener if it's true that they are interested.

Hull quoted clubs £15m in summer. Absolute no go that.

It’s annoying watching other teams hold on to their star players and we just had to stand and watch ours walk away, yeah I know the clause had no choice bla bla bla. Still annoying.

I'm actually disappointed we didn't swap Britt for Gary Madine, it would have been a great read on here for a couple of days :)

Maybe he's our new right back, which could only mean one thing....

Dael Fry is the new number 10.

:)  You're better at this than me  :)

It must be your negative influence rubbing off on everyone else ;)

:blush:

Don't, you're making me blush  :blush:

I'm still hoping that we are trying to convince Hull to do a deal regarding Bowen by using fletcher as a sweetener if it's true that they are interested.

It’s annoying watching other teams hold on to their star players and we just had to stand and watch ours walk away, yeah I know the clause had no choice bla bla bla. Still annoying.

I think the same will happen with Bowen to be honest and he's probably destined for a premier league club.

It's more of a vague hope :liar: Any idea who we are looking at now that we've gotten Mikel over the line and Leadbitter seems to go.

maybe there might be a reason Hull just got  Pugh in from Bournemouth  ....to cover that position in the event of  Grosiski moving out.

He can play as a #10 or as a CDM, I don't see the problem here.

There is no evidence to support that he can play Number 10 or demonstrated that he has the skills to play there.

in the one youtube clip looked like he has the skill to play there. better the jelle  :cheese:

Dyche is targetting signings. Go on Shaun, have a free Downing.

Contract issues aside there is no way we should be letting Downing go this season , unless we buy more (and better) players. Now that we have another player in Mikel that doesn't just hoof the ball he could have a big say in the rest of our season.

Downing remains a class act. I don't see too may of our other players even talked about as premier league targets!

Dyche is targetting signings. Go on Shaun, have a free Downing.

Contract issues aside there is no way we should be letting Downing go this season , unless we buy more (and better) players. Now that we have another player in Mikel that doesn't just hoof the ball he could have a big say in the rest of our season.

Downing remains a class act. I don't see too may of our other players even talked about as premier league targets!

If rumours are true then we can't play him either way?

I agree that he will probably leave at the end of the season and it makes sense for all concerned to waive the extra year but as an extra bit of quality until then I think it makes sense.

I personally think he still possesses more ability than others in the squad but we will have to agree to disagree on that

‘No way we should be letting him go’

As if people still put this much faith and importance in his presence. I honestly couldn’t care less either way and if we aren’t going to start him then tbh what’s the point?

‘No way we should be letting him go’

As if people still put this much faith and importance in his presence. I honestly couldn’t care less either way and if we aren’t going to start him then tbh what’s the point?

He's also only contributed to a goal every 651 minutes this season. For a winger who's on big wages, that's simply not enough.

Leadbitter was a good servant to our club. Downing has been an excellent servant in the past. But we need better right now.