oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-wigan-head-interest-in-bradford-loan-striker

"TEAMtalk can reveal a host of Championship and League One clubs are battling to land Middlesbrough striker George Miller.

The 20-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Bradford City, but Boro look set to recall him after a number of clubs made contact with the Championship outfit.

And Boro are now ready to let Miller move on, if a permanent deal can be agreed.

TEAMtalk understands Wigan, Luton, Peterborough, Doncaster and Barnsley are a*** the clubs those hoping to secure a deal.

Centre-forward Miller has scored three goals in 16 starts for the Bantams in League One and his hardworking style has caught the eye of several other clubs.

Bradford boss David Hopkin will be desperate to keep hold of Miller as he is already short of options and is looking for another striker to add to his squad at Valley Parade."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping we're in touch with Brounemouth regarding Jordon Ibe. Has only started 3 matches in the league and a been subbed on a further 7 times. Been left out completely 5 times most recently in their last match. They're also out of the FA Cup so won't need him there. Perhaps a bit ambitious. They've also recently signed Solanke for big money so he might take one of the attacking spots in the match day squad.

One of the itk said we actually have but it was a no go

i dont necessarily put a new striker as a priority.   to use an analogy ...say you had a light fitting    that kept blowing bulbs  ,you wouldnt keep putting a new bulb in it.  youd   sort out what is causing the fault and try to fix that  before anything else.  

Assombalonga is more than proven at this level as a genuine goalscorer, Hugill and Gestede in that order have shown that somewhere in there (admittedly well hidden in Rudys case)theres a hint of a few goals and Fletcher im sure somewhere along the line will click. 

the supply to the strikers is where were not operating anywhere near what is acceptable and in general in areas between the centre circle and the opponents box ,its like its been a no go area for us.  the debatable issue is whether blame lies with Pulis and his instructions or  the likes of  Downing,Besic,Howson,McNair,Saville, and to a lesser extent Clayton as to why were not prepared to get into these areas with intent and adventure. 

Leeds,Derby and villa often have 3 or 4 quality players dominating play in this area and thats where theyve got a great deal of success from and where theyve been most productive  and what or who do we have there in our system ....Our lone striker retreating to gather a lumped ball. thats who.

surely ,when you add Wing,Tavernier and now VLP and Mikel into the mix we can find a way to get two or three of the midfielders /wide men or full backs with the will push up and be confident and inventive in this area .

unless we could get a AM playmaker im not sure we need any other personnel other than competition for the full backs .  

OK maybe a one in /one out striker change for Gestede wouldnt go amiss .....to top it off.

Gazette said the written press q & a on Downing is embargoed until tomorrow morning. Is that normal? Would it be all written press news or just on Downing?

Yes, it's normal. If it was asked in the written press section of the conference, it's to go into tomorrow's papers. Not just the Downing stuff - anything from that section. Even though news doesn't really work like that anymore, that's still in effect.

Gazette said the written press q & a on Downing is embargoed until tomorrow morning. Is that normal? Would it be all written press news or just on Downing?

Yes, it's normal. If it was asked in the written press section of the conference, it's to go into tomorrow's papers. Not just the Downing stuff - anything from that section. Even though news doesn't really work like that anymore, that's still in effect.

Thanks. Seems outdated. Surprised the question wasn’t asked in the live press conference considering Burnley are supposedly keeping tabs on Downing situation.

Mike McGrath @mcgrathmike

#Leeds looking to do deal for #Wolves forward Ivan Cavaleiro. More on @TheSunFootball

--

If he's available I'd like to think we'd be interested, but if he does goes to Leeds would that impact on Adama's availability? Would they then need to get 2 players in before they'd think about letting him come here?

I don’t think there is any chance of us getting a player like cavaleiro if Leeds are interested too. Their manager and playing style is much more interesting for a player like that and they are top of the league. I also really can’t see us signing Traore on loan as much as I’d like that.

I think Traore has a reasonable chance of ending up here again.

I know there has been some talk that the clubs have talked and that he really wants to come. It just sounds a bit unrealistic to me as he is in all their squads and is getting quite a lot of game time. Granted that could change if they bring in someone new but it’s not like they are knee deep in attackers. I hope he comes but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Looks like West Brom have beat us to Murphy. Annoying this as we've been pursuing him all window.

Yeah that is a bit annoying. Can’t blame him though. Much more attractive to go there as an attacking player. Just hope we have other irons in the fire and not just this one.

Looks like West Brom have beat us to Murphy. Annoying this as we've been pursuing him all window.

Hope this isn’t yet another example of gambling on one player (adama) and missing out on getting anyone in. Also if wolves do loan cavaliero to Leeds I can’t see how that does our chances of getting Traore any favours at all.

Hope this isn’t yet another example of gambling on one player (adama) and missing out on getting anyone in. Also if wolves do loan cavaliero to Leeds I can’t see how that does our chances of getting Traore any favours at all.

This has all the hallmarks of another Jesé situation. We will be left hoping we can come to an agreement with Downing :(

And if wolves loan cavaleiro to Leeds without getting anyone in I seriously doubt we had a agreement that we can have Traore if they get someone in. Why wouldn’t that be the same regarding Cavaleiro. But then again nothing has happened yet

This has all the hallmarks of another standard transfer window. We will be left hoping we can come to an agreement with Downing :(

Fixed