oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Britt to Blackburn doing the rounds. That it?

That’s the one... lad who told me about Mikel says it’s a 10mil deal... I can’t believe that surely not

I'd take the money, 10m is more than enough for Britt. Keep the money up our sleeve for a new manager in the summer.

Tbh I wouldn’t be totally against it. The 15 million we agreed with Forest could well be including bonuses and 10 million in a straight fee. Could potentially get us out without a loss. Not that I believe it anyway. Can’t see Blackburn spending that much though.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sell Britt, I seriously hope Vassell isn't what we're spending the cash on. I don't have an issue with him as such, I don't really know anything about him. But shifting out or record signing and top scorer, leaving us with a trio of strikers who don't really score and a lad who at best is a gamble would just be the icing on a cake made out of turds.

I can’t believe we will swap Britt for someone on the cheap who hasn’t done anything in his career.

If we sell Britt, I seriously hope Vassell isn't what we're spending the cash on. I don't have an issue with him as such, I don't really know anything about him. But shifting out or record signing and top scorer, leaving us with a trio of strikers who don't really score and a lad who at best is a gamble would just be the icing on a cake made out of turds.

Vassell is decent I think but also a huge gamble on making him our main striker. As we are now I don’t think vassell would do any worse than Britt and could possibly even offer more with his pace and strength.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager. We will seriously regret this one

I’m a good judge of player, Rhodes was crap because unless he was running onto a ball he couldn’t do anything. Some of the worst ball control, technique and hold up play I’ve ever seen from a boro striker.

As for wickham I think he’s got a bit of everything, anticipation, good striker of the ball, decent free kick taker and strong in the air, he’s got good pace about him aswell. But most importantly he has all the attributes to lead the line on his own.

How come you want us to sign Wickham then?  :P

Rhodes is a champ level goal scorer and nothing else.

If Wickham has a bit of everything and is as good as you say then he'll be playing the rest of the season for Palace.  Personally I think he's a fairly typically physical presence - a better version of Hugill on a lot more money.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager. We will seriously regret this one

I agree in part. I think if we have pace and width to get behind defences then Britt will be really productive for us. Using the forward as we are now, like a fulcrum is neither suited to Britt or the team as our midfield dont seem able to run beyond the attacker for the second ball. I think we need to be all in for pacy wingers. Playing the same way with our midfield will get us nowhere at home.

On Wickham - I don't think anyone doubted his ability. It was more that, when the rumours came out, he was still receiving and in light training after a year sidelined. We've seen countless times talented players get a serious injury and come back with only a fraction of their ability; that's why people we're wary.

The lad's shown tremendous mental strength to come back from it, and looks like he's got over the mental issues such serious injuries can cause to a footballers game. Fair play to him.

But to disregard the prior concerns? That's daft.