oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager. We will seriously regret this one

I agree in part. I think if we have pace and width to get behind defences then Britt will be really productive for us. Using the forward as we are now, like a fulcrum is neither suited to Britt or the team as our midfield dont seem able to run beyond the attacker for the second ball. I think we need to be all in for pacy wingers. Playing the same way with our midfield will get us nowhere at home.

He needs good players around him to be at his best. He needs through balls through the defence to run onto, evidenced by his goal vs Birmingham the other week. Its a shame the other players aren't on his wavelength. In my opinion he's very similar to Braithwaite in that he can look terrible at times due to the awful system Pulis deploys and the awful midfield behind him.

Someone like Adama would seriously benefit Britt, we rarely saw them on the same pitch however, when they did I believe Adama assisted him 3 times last season?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing that makes me think we won't be selling Britt is the fact that Vassell is such a low price target, Portsmouth have been rumoured with making a 2 million pound move all month in case they cash in, that if we knew we had money coming in why would we lowball Birmingham with a bid that I assume was barely over 1 million?

The only explanation I can find for why we are pushing for Vassell, Sunday Times last week actually first scooped our interest in Vassell it doesn't seem sudden, is Tony thinks he can stick him on the wing because he's almost as quick as Adama which would be a typical thing for us to do.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager. We will seriously regret this one

I agree in part. I think if we have pace and width to get behind defences then Britt will be really productive for us. Using the forward as we are now, like a fulcrum is neither suited to Britt or the team as our midfield dont seem able to run beyond the attacker for the second ball. I think we need to be all in for pacy wingers. Playing the same way with our midfield will get us nowhere at home.

Britt needs a good #10 and wide players around him, basically so they can do most of the hold up and passing work in the final 3rd.

As for best striker in the division I can’t agree, bamford was certainly a better striker, abraham and Gayle I’d rate higher than Britt also.

That said I have no doubt if he moves he will start banging them in.

Thing that makes me think we won't be selling Britt is the fact that Vassell is such a low price target, Portsmouth have been rumoured with making a 2 million pound move all month in case they cash in, that if we knew we had money coming in why would we lowball Birmingham with a bid that I assume was barely over 1 million?

The only explanation I can find for why we are pushing for Vassell, Sunday Times last week actually first scooped our interest in Vassell it doesn't seem sudden, is Tony thinks he can stick him on the wing because he's almost as quick as Adama which would be a typical thing for us to do.

Funny you should say that as my first thought was he’d be a replacement for fletcher who pulis has started playing left of a 3.

Funny you should say that as my first thought was he’d be a replacement for fletcher who pulis has started playing left of a 3.

Isn't that where VLP plays though?

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager.  We will seriously regret this one

Totally agree a proven goal scorer at this level, goes to a more attack minded team and he'll score goals simple as that.

I mean I don't think Fletcher's any indication of Pulis' plans he's a cup game player who played a half vs PBoro as a #10 then another as a LW then Pulis anointed him with the Braithwaite LM role vs Newport.

I just can't see Pulis playing a 5ft 6 guy as a lone striker in our setup and if he's not going to a second striker role when we had Martin Braithwaite here I can't see him doing it for an unproven pace merchant. Which leaves the wing for Vassell otherwise why would we target him I don't think we're hunting squad players here in the last few days, it's all very strange to me.

I'm pretty sure Pulis' ideal system is a big target man with an out and out winger on one side and then an inside forward on the other. It's where Waghorn would have played had we got him. Vassell would likely play there.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager.  We will seriously regret this one

Totally agree a proven goal scorer at this level, goes to a more attack minded team and he'll score goals simple as that.

If Britt is the best striker in the division I'm sure we'll have lots of teams after him, maybe even premier league teams. Who wouldn't want the best striker in the division if he's available?

Or maybe Blackburn is about his level.

If Britt is the best striker in the division I'm sure we'll have lots of teams after him, maybe even premier league teams. Who wouldn't want the best striker in the division if he's available?

He'd get atleast 25 in a full injury free season at Blackburn

He's never had a 25 goal season in his career, not even in league 1 or league 2.

Britts record speaks for itself at this level and previously at Peterborough the stats speak for themselves there whether some like it or not.

Doubt it. He has only ever had 1 season with more than 20 league goals and that was in league 1 a few years before his big injury.