oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

He has what? 8 or 9 all together? Barely played, no support and doesn't take the pens.. A different manager might have lined us up with a front 3 of Tav, Britt and Chapman. Instead we've got 5 centre mids and Hugill. Sickening.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about him being the best striker in the division but he's the best striker at Boro, at least for the moment anyway. The idea of getting rid of Bamford and Assombalonga but keeping Gestede and Hugill would be humorous if...actually no it's not humorous at all.

I don't know about him being the best striker in the division but he's the best striker at Boro, at least for the moment anyway. The idea of getting rid of Bamford and Assombalonga but keeping Gestede and Hugill would be humorous if...actually no it's not humorous at all.

He is our best striker but there's not a lot of competition to be fair.

Britt is the best striker in the division when played in the correct system and I'd be devastated to see him go, considering Pulis will be gone at the end of this season and Britt would have been a huge asset for our next manager.  We will seriously regret this one

Totally agree a proven goal scorer at this level, goes to a more attack minded team and he'll score goals simple as that.

If Britt is the best striker in the division I'm sure we'll have lots of teams after him, maybe even premier league teams. Who wouldn't want the best striker in the division if he's available?

Or maybe Blackburn is about his level.

He'd get atleast 25 in a full injury free season at Blackburn

Doubt it. He has only ever had 1 season with more than 20 league goals and that was in league 1 a few years before his big injury.

Oh right, Peterborough 43 games 23 goals, Forest 65 games 36 goals.doesn't look too bad to me.

I don't know about him being the best striker in the division but he's the best striker at Boro, at least for the moment anyway.  The idea of getting rid of Bamford and Assombalonga but keeping Gestede and Hugill would be humorous if...actually no it's not humorous at all.

He is our best striker but there's not a lot of competition to be fair.

No I agree but I'd prefer not to be left with what remains after selling those two.  God knows how we'll get rid of Gestede, I guess we'll end up paying a small fortune for him to play for someone else.

Yeah absolutely. Gestede we probably can't sell, and Hugill is on loan obviously, so we couldn't get rid of one of those. But to actively entertain selling Bamford and Assombalonga is madness. Unless of course it's to make way for an actual better striker. But who is available, would come here and fits that bill? Certainly nobody we've been linked with this month, except possibly Okazaki, and that was only the most tenuous of links on here, I think.

Totally agree a proven goal scorer at this level, goes to a more attack minded team and he'll score goals simple as that.

If Britt is the best striker in the division I'm sure we'll have lots of teams after him, maybe even premier league teams. Who wouldn't want the best striker in the division if he's available?

Doubt it. He has only ever had 1 season with more than 20 league goals and that was in league 1 a few years before his big injury.

Oh right, Peterborough 43 games 23 goals, Forest 65 games 36 goals.doesn't look too bad to me.

No but that’s far from “he will get at least 25 goals elsewhere in a full season”. His best season was in league 1. His time with Forest was good but still not even above 20. He is a good striker no doubt but not the best in this league. 10 million is a good price. The 15 we paid was ridiculous.

Its really crazy that we paid around £6 million for Gestede plus the wages he’s been on for the past two years. We also paid £3.5 million for Guedioura. £5 million for McNair. Really doesn't install much faith thinking back to all this business we’ve done. I genuinely couldn’t think of anything worse than having Pulis in a DOF type role.

No but that’s far from “he will get at least 25 goals elsewhere in a full season”. His best season was in league 1. His time with Forest was good but still not even above 20. He is a good striker no doubt but not the best in this league. 10 million is a good price. The 15 we paid was ridiculous.

Not mentioned 25 goals, but his still a proven goal scorer at this level, and stick by what I said in a more attack minded team he'll score goals,and money's only good if you have a ready replacement, but for me anyone struggles in this set up.

I don't know about him being the best striker in the division but he's the best striker at Boro, at least for the moment anyway.  The idea of getting rid of Bamford and Assombalonga but keeping Gestede and Hugill would be humorous if...actually no it's not humorous at all.

Yeah absolutely. Gestede we probably can't sell, and Hugill is on loan obviously, so we couldn't get rid of one of those. But to actively entertain selling Bamford and Assombalonga is madness. Unless of course it's to make way for an actual better striker. But who is available, would come here and fits that bill? Certainly nobody we've been linked with this month, except possibly Okazaki, and that was only the most tenuous of links on here, I think.

Danny Graham as part of the deal?  :upside_down:

Britt is clearly on more money than pulis and therefore has to go. That's why he got rid of Braithwaite right?

The football club i have loved for so long is being destroyed.

#disbelief #lostthefaith

Britt is clearly on more money than pulis and therefore has to go. That's why he got rid of Braithwaite right?

The football club i have loved for so long is being destroyed.

#disbelief #lostthefaith

I doubt that's the reason.  Pulis wants a particular type of striker and Assombalonga isn't that type.  I wouldn't read more into it than that mate.

I think it’s a case of getting the big earners out ASAP. It needs doing. Just depends on what we get in.

Better = works better in the system we play.

I don't think it's about getting the big earners out mate.  It's about getting the players out who Pulis doesn't want, some of them happen to be on decent money of course.  Some of the players we've been linked with are on more than any of our players are so clearly there are factors other than finances at play.