oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Silly question...Britt gets goals but has limitations, and would probably score more in an attacking team, such as Villa, if we could get a striker like Abrahams in to replace him, would that be acceptable or not (unlikely, but given Villa's current position, could he be tempted?)

I don't think it would make a massive difference, our problem is we lack creative players and our manager has very little positive mindset.

It's hard to see how things will change unless Pulis changes his attitude.

I'm willing to sell Britt based on the assumption that we're gonna need to balance the books soon and while Pulis is here I have very little expectation of promotion anyway.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke have made a £3.5m bid for @Wolves defender Danny Batth, and the deal could go through later today. Batth has been on loan at Middlesbrough but this will be a permanent move #scfc #wwfc

John Percy Telegraph. Can see this going through.

Percy is always on the money like.

So were gonna sign a cb now yay..  Or just move Shotton across and sign a right back.

This. Just sign a god damn right back. We'll no doubt bring Gareth McAuley out of retirement.

Batth wouldn't be much of a loss. Sign a RB, have Shotton challenge for RB and CB. Wood is there if needs be with injuries too.

16 year old centre back in a promotion push .. what could go wrong

Or we could just play Fry there, in his actual position.

So the rumour is we are selling our only functioning forward. I have been critical of Britt in the past and questioned exactly what he does but as others have said he will score 1 in 2 or (3 at worst) so I had my answer.

He is clearly not a Pulis player and looked useless on saturday but I still fear what will happen if he goes as you just can't see where any goals will come from

My only hope is that there is someone lined up in the window who meets the pace/power/goals requirement....

Its the hope that kills you!

So the rumour is we are selling our only functioning forward. I have been critical of Britt in the past and questioned exactly what he does but as others have said he will score 1 in 2 or (3 at worst) so I had my answer.

He is clearly not a Pulis player and looked useless on saturday but I still fear what will happen if he goes as you just can't see where any goals will come from

My only hope is that there is someone lined up in the window who meets the pace/power/goals requirement....

Its the hope that kills you!

He could have been one of those with the flu. I guess the thing with Britt is, if he isn't scoring goals he doesnt look the best as there isn't much else to his game.

Batth wouldn't be much of a loss. Sign a RB, have Shotton challenge for RB and CB. Wood is there if needs be with injuries too.

Tend to agree. Big plus having him in the squad but we have Shotton and Fry who can play CB. Their original positions and Mcnair to sub in at RB should we get an injury or two

Tend to agree. Big plus having him in the squad but we have Shotton and Fry who can play CB. Their original positions and Mcnair to sub in at RB should we get an injury or two

Is this being done to enable us to sign Adama on loan. Isn't there some rule that prevents you from signing more than one player from a club on loan?

Do you ever sit and wonder what our club long term vision is?

Are we investing in youth? Are we trying to get instant success?

I can't help but feel the foundations of Karanka and the stability he made has been eroded slowly.

Our limited attacking threat is going. Bamford being sold? Assombalonga rumoured to be leaving? What the *** is going on?!

Whilst we are still left with players who can only play one way.

What worries me the most is that we're not even thinking about next season with now. Are our decisions being made with next season in mind?

It's worrying.