oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I have a feeling that britt will go. And we won't replace him or will replace him with a loan.

It's a worrying trend over the last 2 windows that were selling players for big money and not sufficiently replacing them and just stashing the cash.

or complying with FFP

FFP really shouldn't be a problem. It's a three year period and we have recieved parachute payments in these first two years. On top of that we have a transfer fee surplus since coming down. Now wages might need to be cut for the coming years if we don't go up, but I can't see ud being anywhere near breaching FFP in the coming years.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I hate about Britt is his dodgy first touch. He's the best finisher and all round striker at the club. Absolutely criminal that we could potentially have lost him and Bamford in half a season in place of Hugill.

I have a feeling that britt will go. And we won't replace him or will replace him with a loan.

It's a worrying trend over the last 2 windows that were selling players for big money and not sufficiently replacing them and just stashing the cash.

or complying with FFP

FFP really shouldn't be a problem. It's a three year period and we have recieved parachute payments in these first two years. On top of that we have a transfer fee surplus since coming down. Now wages might need to be cut for the coming years if we don't go up, but I can't see ud being anywhere near breaching FFP in the coming years.

what I could read of the Pulis piece in the Times on Saturday he was suggesting otherwise and we've seen most of the £100m was spent whilst we where in the prem

Prem FFP and EFL FFP are two seperate things. When in the EFL you look at three running years. The past two years has seen us rake in significant parachute payments and transfer fee. That we spent most of the 100 million on the year in the Prem shouldn't really matter. We're allowed to lose 39 million over three years and with that amount of income we shouldn't be anywhere near that mark. Obviously we need to plan ahead but I can't believe that we are balancing on FFP failure.

I just feel as though we are heading back to the Strachan/Mowbray era all over again. WE could be in this League for a long time...................

The signs certainly aren't great

We've already spent 9 of the last 10 seasons here... I won't be shocked if that pattern repeats

I don't hold out high hopes for the last few days of this window, but I will say let's just try to hang on until Thursday before we start assuming it's all doom and gloom. As it stands, we haven't sold anyone that we're really going to miss this month, and the players we have signed should improve the first XI once they're up to speed.

Being realistic and tempering expectations, we are probably going to sign two players between now and Friday. While my cynical side is suggesting that it will be another 30+ year old goalkeeper and a holding midfielder, IF it's a right winger and a versatile fullback, we might just have a decent balanced team.

Stoke have made a £3.5m bid for @Wolves defender Danny Batth, and the deal could go through later today. Batth has been on loan at Middlesbrough but this will be a permanent move #scfc #wwfc

John Percy Telegraph. Can see this going through.

One of the issues with filling squads with loan players is that they can be taken away from you.  If he's earned himself a move then good luck to him.  He was ok for us but I'm sure a permanent move is what he'd prefer if he hasn't got a future at Wolves.

Do you ever sit and wonder what our club long term vision is?

Are we investing in youth? Are we trying to get instant success?

I can't help but feel the foundations of Karanka and the stability he made has been eroded slowly.

Our limited attacking threat is going. Bamford being sold? Assombalonga rumoured to be leaving? What the *** is going on?!

Whilst we are still left with players who can only play one way.

What worries me the most is that we're not even thinking about next season with now. Are our decisions being made with next season in mind?

It's worrying.

Why do you think I'm such a bitter and twisted miserable bugger?

Welcome back (I think?)

The only thing I hate about Britt is his dodgy first touch. He's the best finisher and all round striker at the club. Absolutely criminal that we could potentially have lost him and Bamford in half a season in place of Hugill.

I think that's it in a nutshell really.  I don't get how anyone can be happy with that or see it as any kind of progress.