oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Is Bailey on drugs. 30m for Brentford duo?

Where's this come from? Can't see it anywhere on his twitter

Think it's from HITC. It's just speculation. https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/30/do-report-middlesbrough-want-brentford-duo-neal-maupay-and-ollie/

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bailey on drugs. 30m for Brentford duo?

Where's this come from? Can't see it anywhere on his twitter

Think it's from HITC. It's just speculation. https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/30/do-report-middlesbrough-want-brentford-duo-neal-maupay-and-ollie/

Bailey hasn't worked for HITC for years...

Vokes on £9m when he again is 29 and will have no resale value...scary thought.

Surely Gibson has learnt his lesson on paying big on players with no resale value after the 2003-2006 era?

£9m is about par for someone of that level these days.

And, for the type of striker we seem to be looking for, he's about as good as we're going to get without looking abroad.

My biggest worry transfer wise is that we are getting rid of our "better" players and replacing them with "pulis" players.

I agree that the squad we have now could challenge under the correct methodology and stewardship. However, the good players are leaving.

When the new guy (hopefully sooner rather than later) comes in then will he want to work with a bunch of giants.

It may well be that we bring in a "footballing" manager who doesn't want the giants. However, gibbo won't give any money up and we end up relying on 5-6 kids form the youths hoping that we find a Josh Maja type to keep us towards the top end of the division.

No promotion could see us having Fletcher and Walker as our strike options next season. I love giving the kids a chance but could we rely on them to fire us to anywhere near promotion?

However, it should be more entertaining with kids giving their all for the shirt.

@reluctantnicko

BORO. Assombalonga can clearly go on loan. Wage offers for him so far well short. On a big salary.

that makes even less sense to me

Maybe we want a striker in on loan so need to push Britt out to free up wages?

@reluctantnicko

BORO. Assombalonga can clearly go on loan. Wage offers for him so far well short. On a big salary.

It gives me hope to be honest mate! It makes me think that Britt will be back in the summer for the new manager!

It's better than us selling him and a new guy coming in and wanting a Championship goalscorer.

@reluctantnicko

It gives me hope to be honest mate! It makes me think that Britt will be back in the summer for the new manager!

It's better than us selling him and a new guy coming in and wanting a Championship goalscorer.

actually true that does make sense.