oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I think we underestimate the amount of sway Agents and Agency firms have. They whisper in the right ear, and help get deals over the line.  They also actively work with certain clubs to earth some hidden gems, etc.

With us having a very open Club policy of hating Agents and screwing their commissions to the floor. Pulling the plug on deals at the eleventh hour to force lower fees.

What Agent would want to do us any favours, or be pooping themselves for an eleventh hour deal collapse.

"Super Agent" Jorge Mendes was close to our club a few seasons ago and with Peter Keynon presented a plan to Gibson how to conveyor belt our club for Europe's finest youngsters. Gibson declined in fear of losing the "local" club mentality and backed backed Gary Gill.  As we all know Jorge Mendes then took this opportunity to Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

Football's a global game, and we're now reaping the rewards of closing ourselves off and keeping it local.

I'll just throw in the word 'sustainability' again. Jorge Mendes is no doubt the king of the European football market. Gibson showed balls when he cut the ties with Kenyon and Mendes who would later be accused of third-party ownership deals. 

Almost everywhere he has engaged in similar style as with Wolves, he has left the club behind in turmoil and staggering debt (e.g. Valencia). 

He orchestrated the whole Bebe farce with Man United, too. 

What happens once he is bored of Wolverhampton? If FA actually realises his position at Wolves? If the Wolves owners realise Mendes is ***ing them over? If Mendes decides his Portuguese entourage is to play elsewhere? Wolves will be ***ed. 

I'm happy we never engaged in anything meaningful with that man. He's an insanely good agent, but he'd cross us over.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The meat plane come to pick up Britt to sign for Cardiff? Journo on twitter seems to think they’re signing someone from us

The Meat Plane .. Actually a nice nick name for a Pulis player :P

"increasingly unlikely that TP will not get the extra men he wants before the deadline."

Can someone translate that because it reads like we're getting extra men in, but by all accounts we look to be getting no one :cowboy:

I got AIDS from reading that sentence ...

"increasingly unlikely that TP will not get the extra men he wants before the deadline."

Can someone translate that because it reads like we're getting extra men in, but by all accounts we look to be getting no one :cowboy:

I got AIDS from reading that sentence ...

No you didn't you big fibber  :liar:

To be honest I thought we were finished after we got VLP in, so the Mikel signing was a bit of a boost, still think we come out January in a slightly stronger position, lose Braithwaite and Batth, gain VLP and Mikel. Still a few glaring holes in the squad but I'm glad we haven't panicked and gone after any old *** on big contracts.

Random tweet from Cardiff fan -

From a mate who is a boro fan, sounds like it’s between George Friend and Assombalonga on the private jet to Cardiff, wasn’t 100% who, good news either way #DeadlineDay #CCFC

I doubt we'd sell George... but this is Boro recruitment

To be honest I thought we were finished after we got VLP in, so the Mikel signing was a bit of a boost, still think we come out January in a slightly stronger position, lose Braithwaite and Batth, gain VLP and Mikel. Still a few glaring holes in the squad but I'm glad we haven't panicked and gone after any old *** on big contracts.

There’s always one optimist isn’t there . We don’t want you here ?

I don’t mean to be a doom merchant but been told we’re not expecting anyone unless clubs have a drastic change of heart

So Billy liar is going then?

My mates are ready to party

He isn’t happy especially as we’re still open to sales

Of course he isn’t walking away and I very much doubt he has given an ultimatum. Maybe a list of players and some strong words that we need to strengthen if we hope for promotion but I really can’t see him quitting just because we aren’t adding to an already expensive squad.

There isn’t a chance Pulis will walk whilst we still have a chance of promotion, in my opinion. Even if he has made the threat I can’t see him following through with it!

From a mate who is a boro fan, sounds like it’s between George Friend and Assombalonga on the private jet to Cardiff, wasn’t 100% who, good news either way #DeadlineDay #CCFC

Anyone who can’t tell the difference from Friend and Britt probably hasn’t got solid info. I wouldn’t trust that guys source :)

We don't have another left back do we?  If it's anyone it has to be Assombalonga.