oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

No big fall outs

No suspended members

No bans

No frozen transfer threads.

The transfer thread has been as eventful as Boros incoming transfer activity.

There's still time  :D

Blanco and I have moved to joint favourites for a couple me thinks - my fragile ego had been shattered by being called an idiot - mind the fact he thinks i lead everyone casts a shadow over the validity of his statement

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Our parachute payments ending at the end of this season seems to have played a huge role in us limiting our signings to short term deals and loans. It's a decision made by those within the club, such as Gibson, to try to deal with us still having lots of poor value for money players that we're lumbered with, and we're going to struggle with even more next season without the parachute payments. Gibson's faith in Pulis will have taken a knock after his ineffective recruitment on permanent deals for Flint, McNair and Saville. Plus our chances of promotion are looking pretty low right now.

Steve Gibson's daughter Victoria's boyfriend Joe has been saying on Twitter that our parachute payments ending are the reason for us not spending even more money. So I'm fairly confident that this is the rationale for it.

I don't blame Gibson for not spending money now, but for him making so many bad decisions that have led to this, arguably, sensible longterm business decision. The lack of investment this window is the result of trying to clear up the mess left from chronic mismanagement over previous years. We're in a mess predominantly because of that splurge in Summer of 2017 ( shortly after the Gueudiora and Gestede signings). Gibson's reputation is rock bottom. I can't remember it being quite so low. Pulis leaving will be welcomed but I won't rejoice at it because we've got far more fundamental problems that concern me in the long term such as Gibson's ability to make sensible decisions.

We were trying to sign Maja the other week?  Were we going to pay Sunderland in vouchers to Rockliffe Hall?

There are different reasons as to why we haven't got anything done, it's not just one blanket reason.

Blanco and I have moved to joint favourites for a couple me thinks - my fragile ego had been shattered by being called an idiot - mind the fact he thinks i lead everyone casts a shadow over the validity of his statement

Aye, you couldn't lead a dog on a leash  :D

Aye, you couldn't lead a dog on a leash  :D

So you've seen my pugs pulling me wherever they want to go?

Just glad you didn't mention the missus, the leash and my gimp mask - then I'd be concerned

Our parachute payments ending at the end of this season seems to have played a huge role in us limiting our signings to short term deals and loans. It's a decision made by those within the club, such as Gibson, to try to deal with us still having lots of poor value for money players that we're lumbered with, and we're going to struggle with even more next season without the parachute payments. Gibson's faith in Pulis will have taken a knock after his ineffective recruitment on permanent deals for Flint, McNair and Saville. Plus our chances of promotion are looking pretty low right now.

Steve Gibson's daughter Victoria's boyfriend Joe has been saying on Twitter that our parachute payments ending are the reason for us not spending even more money. So I'm fairly confident that this is the rationale for it.

I don't blame Gibson for not spending money now, but for him making so many bad decisions that have led to this, arguably, sensible longterm business decision. The lack of investment this window is the result of trying to clear up the mess left from chronic mismanagement over previous years. We're in a mess predominantly because of that splurge in Summer of 2017 ( shortly after the Gueudiora and Gestede signings). Gibson's reputation is rock bottom. I can't remember it being quite so low. Pulis leaving will be welcomed but I won't rejoice at it because we've got far more fundamental problems that concern me in the long term such as Gibson's ability to make sensible decisions.

We were trying to sign Maja the other week?  Were we going to pay Sunderland in vouchers to Rockliffe Hall?

There are different reasons as to why we haven't got anything done, it's not just one blanket reason.

I'm assuming (as I couldn't possibly know) that if we signed Maja then we'd have let a striker who's a huge earner like Assombalonga leave on the sort of deals we were getting offered today before pulling the plug when we realised we couldn't sign another striker. I predict that the financials of signing Maja and then selling Assombalonga would have been a pretty significant cut to our budget.

I have to say it’s so disappointing that the majority has been led by idiot boys like randy sandwiches who only like to stir trouble under every circumstance. Grow a set and make up your own mind. We’re going up .....

Just bothered myself to scour my posts to see who I had the £100 bet with and as you obviously know - IT WAS YOU!!!!!

hahaha - what a knob you are

I'm assuming (as I couldn't possibly know) that if we signed Maja then we'd have let a striker who's a huge earner like Assombalonga leave on the sort of deals we were getting offered today before pulling the plug when we realised we couldn't sign another striker. I predict that the financials of signing Maja and then selling Assombalonga would have been a pretty significant cut to our budget.

Possibly but I don't believe that's why we didn't sign Maja.  Don't get me wrong, we've clearly got players on ridiculous contracts.  Ridiculous relative to their ability and ridiculous for us as a Championship club.  I think there are other things at play however not that I can prove it of course! :)

I have to say it’s so disappointing that the majority has been led by idiot boys like randy sandwiches who only like to stir trouble under every circumstance. Grow a set and make up your own mind. We’re going up .....

Just bothered myself to scour my posts to see who I had the £100 bet with and as you obviously know - IT WAS YOU!!!!!

I think he's had a few drinks perhaps.  I wouldn't take anything to heart and I wouldn't make equally impolite posts.  Better to leave it and then if you're both still raging tomorrow absolute rip each other's heads off on here so we can all enjoy it.

I think he's had a few drinks perhaps.  I wouldn't take anything to heart and I wouldn't make equally impolite posts.  Better to leave it and then if you're both still raging tomorrow absolute rip each other's heads off on here so we can all enjoy it.

I take nothing to heart on here mate and I'm certainly not raging (Jesus if Pulis resigns tomorrow it could be the missus's 2nd lucky day this year), I've also had a few drinks - I just think if someone makes a personal attack its fair game for retorts - yes I'm being impolite and yes you're right if you're suggesting I'm lowering my usual high standards.

Theres no need to do any head ripping tomorrow - he needs to be at work to earn that £100 he owes to a charity of my choice and I'm not going to be nasty to a charitable person now am I?

But don't rip each other's heads off in the SmogDane fashion.

Thank goodness that another SKY sponsored transfer window is finished. We are fifth, 7 points off second with a game in hand. Leeds pay Norwich and we play WBA. We have a great squad. Let’s get back to football.

Steve Gibson's daughter Victoria's boyfriend Joe has been saying on Twitter that our parachute payments ending are the reason for us not spending even more money this window. So I'm fairly confident that this is the rationale for it.

With reference to cutting the cloth and GS bad decisions i had made similar statements in another post. We are basically tailoring the club to suit our business plan, that being a Championship club. I don’t see it as a problem as long as we see decent football.

During the transfer window it was revealed today that Pulis newly assembled recruitment team had made a fundamental mistake interpreting requirements which was only revealed late into the transfer closing window. A spokesperson stated having dispatched scouts with knowledge of local language to Newcastle they had indeed succeeded in finding several mingers but nothing that suggested racy. The error was only revealed when a tea lady pointed out the mistake that “ pacey wingers” and “ racy mingers” were not one of the same. Over to you Steve...